How to register and book your workout
Download the mywellness app on your mobile and create an account.
To help manage and maintain numbers within the building—and to ensure there’s a spot ready just for you—members must book their workout in advance using the mywellness app, or by calling (905)-845-3417.
The wellness floor is available for booking in 30-minute time blocks; members can book up to two (2) consecutive 30-minute blocks per day.
Fitness classes and lane swims appear as 60-minute blocks which includes workout, arrival, and departure times. There is no limit to number of blocks members can book per week.
Not familiar with the mywellness app? Follow these easy steps:
- Download the mywellness app from your preferred app store (Apple | Google Play)
- Create an account, select Oakville as your location, and select Peter Gilgan Family YMCA as your facility
- Select the date you would like to attend to see what classes are available
- For more information, click on the photo of the class you are interested in attending
- Select ‘Book’ to reserve your spot
- For fitness classes and lane swims, select your preferred space, bike, yoga mat, or lane location
- You will then receive an email from Peter Gilgan Family YMCA confirming your registration
- Registration opens seven days/one week in advance of the scheduled workout and/or fitness class
- If you have trouble with the mywellness app, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (905)-845-3417 ext. 4270
- For any other questions, or for any help with registration, please e-mail: email@example.com
Masks and Wellness Check
All members must wear a mask within the facility; they may remove their masks when working out. Members and staff must also complete a wellness check prior to entering the Peter Gilgan Family YMCA. This check may be completed up to two hours prior to arrival.
Doing a health screening is as simple as going online to the Wellness Check page, and quickly answering three (3) questions. Once you have completed the screening, you will:
- either see a green screen signifying you are clear to enter the facility
- or a red screen letting you know you will need to wait a bit longer before visiting us (we’re sorry, but its for the safety and benefit of us all)
Once you have received a green screen, you may proceed to show the staff located at the front desk, where they will then take a quick temperature check. Provided your temperature does not suggest a fever, you may scan your membership card and enter the facility.
- These wellness checks must be done within a two-hour window before entering the facility
- Members should arrive 15 minutes ahead of class schedule to complete mandatory temperature check and pre-screening questionnaire
- A YMCA staff member will check your temperature and ask pre-screening questions before you participate in the class
- Please sanitize your hands with the provided disinfectant
- Once admitted to the class, please maintain physical distancing of 2 metres between participants. Only utilize the assigned location that you have registered for.
- When you register, you will select a bike number or yoga mat location number; they are clearly marked and are only yours for the duration of the class
- Disinfect all equipment before and after each class