How to register and book your workout
Download the mywellness app on your mobile and create an account.
To help manage and maintain numbers within the building—and to ensure there’s a spot ready just for you—members must book their workout in advance using the mywellness app, or by calling (905)-845-3417.
Not familiar with the mywellness app? Follow these easy steps:
- Download the mywellness app from your preferred app store (Apple | Google Play)
- Create an account, select Oakville as your location, and select Peter Gilgan Family YMCA as your facility
- Select the date you would like to attend to see what classes are available
- For more information, click on the photo of the class you are interested in attending
- Select ‘Book’ to reserve your spot
- For fitness classes and lane swims, select your preferred space, bike, yoga mat, or lane location
- You will then receive an email from Peter Gilgan Family YMCA confirming your registration
- Registration opens seven days/one week in advance of the scheduled workout and/or fitness class
- If you have trouble with the mywellness app, please e-mail [email protected] or call (905)-845-3417 ext. 4270
- For any other questions, or for any help with registration, please e-mail: [email protected]
Masks and Wellness Check
All members must wear a mask within the facility; they may remove their masks when working out. Members and staff must also complete a wellness check prior to entering the Peter Gilgan Family YMCA. This check may be completed up to two hours prior to arrival.
Doing a health screening is as simple as going online to the Wellness Check page, and quickly answering four (4) questions. Once you have completed the screening, you will:
- either see a green screen signifying you are clear to enter the facility
- or a red screen letting you know you will need to wait a bit longer before visiting us (we’re sorry, but its for the safety and benefit of us all)
Once you have received a green screen, you may proceed to show the staff located at the front desk, where they will then take a quick temperature check. Provided your temperature does not suggest a fever, you may scan your membership card and enter the facility.
- These wellness checks must be done within a two-hour window before entering the facility
- Please arrive a maximum of 10 minutes before your scheduled appointment
- Members should arrive 15 minutes ahead of class schedule to complete mandatory temperature check and pre-screening questionnaire
- A YMCA staff member will check your temperature and ask pre-screening questions before you participate in the class
- Please sanitize your hands with the provided disinfectant
- Once admitted to the class, please maintain physical distancing of 3 metres between participants. Only utilize the assigned location that you have registered for.
- When you register, you will select a bike number or yoga mat location number; they are clearly marked and are only yours for the duration of the class
- Disinfect all equipment before and after each class