The YMCA offers meaningful work opportunities where you will find a fun, supportive work environment, opportunities to grow and develop your skills and to be a part of something bigger. At the YMCA we are on a mission to enhance the well-being of individuals, families and our community.
If you have strong personal values, care about people and want to make a difference, the YMCA is the place for you.
APPLY NOW! If you or someone you know is interested in joining our team, please forward a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Working at the YMCA
No matter how you look at it, the YMCA of Oakville is a great place to work! As a dynamic charity, we offer our staff opportunities for personal growth, community involvement and leadership.
We look for people who share our core values of caring, health, honesty, inclusiveness, respect and responsibility to join us in building healthy communities through part-time and full-time positions across all of our departments. Many of our full-time and senior staff started out guarding on YMCA pool decks; leading kids in camp programs, or providing other programs to our members.
Whether you are looking for your first job or a second career, you will find opportunities to grow and thrive working at the YMCA.
What do we look for in an employee?
- Team players – our staff need to work well with others and be able to contribute to the group.
- Strong communication skills – you need to be able to share your ideas effectively.
- Outstanding customer service skills – YMCA staff are second to none when it comes to service.
- Ability to work flexible schedules – our facility, child care programs and community initiatives run at different times of the day, including early mornings, evenings and weekends.
- Ability to multi-task – as a charitable organization, the Y participates actively in many community and fundraising activities. Our employees and volunteers are often called upon to serve in different capacities.
Work with the YMCA and enjoy:
- A meaningful job, a caring work environment and a friendly and professional team
- A generous dose of team spirit, respect for others, excellent work relations and pride
- A broad mix of people who bring diverse perspectives and talents to the workplace
- An investment in your career development with training and other opportunities
- A comprehensive benefits package comparable to some of Canada’s best employers
- A generous vacation entitlement that increases with seniority
- A membership to our Health and Fitness facility for all staff and families of full-time staff members
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (counselling and preventative education)
- Work/Life and Family Friendly policies, including reduced fees in YMCA programs such as Child Care and Camps (depending on availability and capacity) for full-time staff.