The YMCA was established over 160 years ago as a charity dedicated to the health of both individuals and communities. Our focus on inclusiveness and accessibility means we serve people of all ages, backgrounds and abilities through all stages of life. Through YMCA financial assistance programs, the YMCA is accessible to all.
Today, there are 43 YMCAs and 5 YMCA-YWCAs in Canada that offer programs and services tailored to each community’s needs. Together, they serve 2 million people in more than 1,000 communities across Canada – and they keep growing. All Associations are members of YMCA Canada, which works to strengthen associations and advocates on their behalf, regionally, nationally and internationally.
For more than 50 years, the YMCA of Oakville has played a most crucial role in improving the quality of health and life for thousands of people in Oakville.
We are unique. We are a charity that offers fee assistance to those in need, ensuring that our programs and services are open to all.
Here you will find:
- Membership assistance for YMCA programs helping individuals and families in need get healthier in every way
- Quality and caring child care for struggling parents
- Free parent-child programs to help connect parents and together face the joys and challenges of parenthood
- Community outreach programs delivered in neighbourhoods in need
- The YMCA community van transporting children and youth to programs at Y.
- Volunteer opportunities for those who need to build confidence before stepping out into the world and much more.