‘What to Expect’ when the Peter Gilgan Family YMCA Reopens
Are you wondering what to expect when you return to the Y when we reopen on September 8? Watch this ‘What to Expect’ video that outlines all of the safety measures we have put in place to keep you safe on your return to the YMCA of Oakville.
The health and well-being of our members and staff is our top priority.
New Safety Procedures
The safety of our members, staff, and community is our number one priority. We have put the following measures in place to help you feel safe upon your return to the Peter Gilgan Family YMCA:
- Masks worn by all members and staff (may be removed when one is settled into their workout station)
- Glass barriers at Membership Desks
- Wellness check prior to entry
- Contactless scan-in stations
- Single one-way directional entry and exit
- No change rooms open at this time (exception of the family change room for swimmers only)
- Physical distancing measures to maintain 2 metres between other people
- Increased sanitization and disinfection
- Increased hand-sanitizing stations
- Limited building access and capped fitness class sizes to support physical distancing
- Book-by-time reservation structure to track and monitor number of guests at all time
- No Day Passes, Guest Passes or Swim Passes at this time to ensure access for our members
- Installation of the new state-of-the-art heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system
Masks and Wellness Check
All members are required to wear a mask within the facility, but they may be removed when working out. Members and staff must also complete a wellness check upon entering the YMCA of Oakville.
This is as simple as going online to the Wellness Check page, and quickly answering three (3) questions. Once you have completed the health screening, you will:
- either see a green screen signifying you are clear to enter the facility
- or a red screen letting you know you will need to wait a bit longer before visiting us (we’re sorry, but its for the safety and benefit of us all)
Once you have received a green screen, you may proceed to show the staff located at the front desk, where they will then take a quick temperature check. Provided your temperature does not suggest a fever, you may scan your membership card and enter the facility.
- These wellness checks must be done within a two-hour window before entering the facility
To help manage and maintain numbers within the building—and to ensure there’s a spot ready just for you—members must book their workout in advance using the mywellness app, or by calling (905)-845-3417.
The wellness floor, gyms and multipurpose rooms are available for booking in 30-minute time blocks; members can book up to two (2) consecutive 30-minute blocks per day. Fitness classes and lane swims appear as 60-minute blocks which includes workout, arrival, and departure times. There is no limit to number of blocks members can book per week.
Follow these steps if you are unfamiliar with the mywellness app:
- Download the mywellness app from your preferred app store (Apple | Google Play)
- Create an account, and select Oakville as your location and Peter Gilgan Family YMCA as your facility
- Select the date you would like to attend to see what classes are available
- For more information, click on the photo of the class you are interested in attending
- Select ‘Book’ to reserve your spot
- For fitness classes and lane swims, select your preferred space, bike, yoga mat, or lane location
- You will then receive an email from Peter Gilgan Family YMCA confirming your registration
- Registration opens every Friday at 8:00 am for classes the following week
- All details on Reactivation including Schedules and Billing
- Stage One program schedule; more information also available on the Schedules page
- Pre-workout health screening and wellness check
- Outdoor Group Fitness Classes
- ‘What to Expect’ video – Child Care and Early Learning
If you have any further questions please reach out to email@example.com