We are looking for talented Team Leaders to join our Child Care team!
The Team Leader, School-Age provides a fun, safe, and active before and after school program for children ranging in age from 6 years to 12 years old. Team Leader is responsible for the oversight and supervision of the program, and responsible for ensuring all YMCA policies and procedures and Child Care Early Years Act requirements are met. Additionally, responsible for developing and delivering quality programs that support the healthy development of children, while fostering and nurturing positive peer relationships in a supervised setting.
Competitive Salary & Benefits:
- Competitive pay rate $19.08 – $21.20 per hour (inclusive of provincial and federal grant)
- YMCA Staff Membership included (Health, Fitness & Aquatics) + Benefits
- Opportunities for career growth and professional development
Schedule of Work:Monday to Friday 7:00 am to 9:00 am / 2:30 pm to 6:00 pm (Split shifts)
+ extra hours opportunities, if available
- Provides oversight and supervision to before and after school program for children age 4 to 12
- Comply with the Child Care Early Years Act, YMCA Policies and the YMCA Child Protection Policy
- Ensures positive, professional communication with families on an ongoing basis, and responds promptly to all requests, queries and concerns
- Delivers quality age-appropriate program experiences that are reflective of the varied interests of the group and support the healthy development of children
- Provides leadership in meeting program objectives
- Dedicated to supporting the healthy growth and development of children that promotes a lifelong appreciation for learning
- Collaborates with other YMCA staff members and volunteers to support effective team work
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with school personnel
- Participates in professional development including staff meetings, workshops and training
- Completes administration tasks as required
- Registered Early Childhood Educator (RECE)is an asset
- Or Bachelor of Education (OCT)/ Child and Youth Worker (CYW)/ Early Childhood Assistant (ECA)/ Social Service Worker (SSW)/ Personal Support Worker (PSW)/ Recreation & Leisure
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working with children and families
- Effective conflict resolution and team work skills
- Valid Standard First Aid with CPR C
- Police Security Check and Immunization Record
The position requires the following Association Core Competencies: Quality focus, Relationship building and Collaboration, Communication, Diversity and Inclusion, Integrity and Trust, Commitment to Organization Mission, Vision and Values.
If you or someone you know is interested in joining our team, please forward a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
We thank all applicants and only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
The YMCA of Oakville values the diversity & inclusion and is committed to excellence in our Association. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter (or email).