Looking for Talented Early childhood Educators to join our team!
The successful candidate would have a strong understanding of child development and passionate about helping young children learn, develop and have fun. This individual will have the ability to nurture the growth of children 18 months to 3.8 years old.
Junior Program sites, Oakville
Monday to Friday, rotational shifts – must be available from 7:00 am – 6:00 pm (42.5 hours/week)
Salary & Benefits
- Competitive pay rate $20.47 per hour (inclusive of provincial and federal grant)
- Comprehensive health, dental and other employee benefits
- Staff Membership to YMCA Health, Fitness & Aquatics facility
- Opportunities for career growth and professional development
- Effective implementation of the nationally recognized YMCA Playing to Learn curriculum
- Ensures positive, professional communication with families on an ongoing basis
- Comply with the Child Care Early Years Act, YMCA Policies and the YMCA Child Protection Policy
- College Diploma or University Degree in Early Childhood Education, and certified through the College of Early Childhood Educators (RECE)
- Experience working with young children and families
- Passion for planning and facilitating high quality play-based experiences for children
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- A flexible, collaborative team player with a strong work ethic
- Valid Standard First Aid with CPR C prior to first day of work
- Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening
This position requires the following Association Core Competencies: Quality Focus, Relationship Building and Collaboration, Communication, Diversity and Inclusion, Integrity and Trust, and Commitment to Organization Mission, Vision and Values.
If you or someone you know is interested in joining our team, please forward a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate your interest in a career at the YMCA of Oakville! Please note, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
The YMCA of Oakville values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our Association. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter or email.