We are looking for a Community Program Instructor who will be responsible for assisting with program delivery of community-based programs for children and youth aged 5-18 years, ensuring positive experiences for participants and delivering high quality mission-based programs. Assist with after school enhancement program, priority neighborhood programs including activities such as photography, robotics, gaming club, intramural leagues and more.
Salary & Benefits:
- Pay rate $14.50 per hour
- YMCA Staff Membership included (Health, Fitness & Aquatics)
- Opportunities for career growth and professional development
Schedule of Work:
- Flexible 2 hours shifts available, Monday- Saturday, 3:00 – 5:00 pm (shifts may vary)
Multiple Part -Time Positions available.
- Coordinates and delivers youth community programs at various locations within Oakville
- Act as a positive role model and mentor to participants
- Responsible for assisting with maintaining attendance and statistical information
- Compile participant feedback during program operation
- Considers health and safety of all participants, assesses and responds to potential areas of risk
- Develops and sustains positive relationships with staff, volunteers, community partners
- Facilitates meaningful connections while ensuring a welcoming and an open environment for all
Qualifications and Experience
- Secondary School Diploma or Post-Secondary Diploma/ Degree required
- At least 6 months of work experience, preferably working with children/youth in recreational programs
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Conflict resolution skills and problem solving
- Effective team work and collaboration skills
- Ability to maintain and deal with sensitive and confidential situations with professionalism
- Models behaviour aligned with our association’s mission, vision and values
- Clear police security check which includes vulnerable sector screening
The position requires the following Association Core Competencies: Quality focus, Relationship building and Collaboration, Communication, Diversity and Inclusion, Integrity and Trust, Commitment to Organization Mission, Vision and Values.
We appreciate your interest in a career opportunity with the YMCA of Oakville.
Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with a subject line “Community Program Instructor”.
We thank all applicants and only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
The YMCA of Oakville values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our Association. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter (or email).