The Communications Coordinator will provide direct delivery and support to a variety of association departments to develop and deploy marketing and communication initiatives that enable the YMCA to reach strategic and operational goals .
The Communications Coordinator will provide support to the Communications Team to promote YMCA programs, events and initiatives by assisting with the implementation of the Communications requirements in the Annual Plan that support the YMCAs of Niagara and Oakville in promoting a variety of programs including Philanthropy, Human Resources, Community Outreach, Employment, Newcomers, Licensed Child Care, EarlyON, Camps and Health, Fitness and Aquatics.
Work Schedule & Benefits:
- Full Time- Monday to Friday, 35-40 hours per week and should be flexible to work in evenings/weekends as required
- YMCA Staff Membership included (Health, Fitness & Aquatics) + Benefits
- Opportunities for career growth and professional development
- Assist the Communications Team with the implementation of association strategic directions including Building our Brand and Philanthropic Capacity
- Develop, write and edit print and digital communication materials including articles, news releases, editorials, web pages, social media posts, brochures, email marketing campaigns, newsletters and internal communication updates
- Assist with deploying a social media content & digital engagement strategy, maintaining and updating content on internal and external communication platforms & software ( WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite, Workplace by Facebook, Google Analytics , Google Ads and Google My Business, Websites)
- Read and report on data analytics, base lead intelligence, assist with the development and tactical execution of an association-wide content plan that includes, print, digital and social media goals
- Working with other members of the Communications Team to support internal program leads prepares communications, media and social media campaigns and plans that deliver focused and measurable results
- Provide support to philanthropic initiatives campaign appeals, direct mail, donor communications and messaging
- Prepare and Develop YMCA stories and articles that demonstrate the impact and YMCA cause in action through multiple communication formats
- Provide support to Health, Fitness and Aquatics deployment campaigns to drive lead generation and membership acquisitions
- Support employee engagement and organizational development initiatives across the Associations
- Support the execution of special events and other initiatives
- Review and edit communications drafted by internal stakeholders and make recommendations to ensure messaging is consistent with internal strategy and tone
- Ensure YMCA brand integrity in all marketing and communications collateral
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in communications, marketing, public relations or a related field
- 1-2 years experience in a multi-media marketing, design or communications role
- Demonstrated ability working effectively to build positive relationships in a collaborative team environment
- Outstanding and creative communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent writing, story telling and editing skills
- Good project management skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize tight deadlines and multi-task
- Detail and accuracy focused and organized
- Strong initiative and motivation
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Able to take direction and work independently
- Experience with content management applications (Hootsuite) and email distribution software and tools (MailChimp)
- Ability to develop and maintain relations with local media to gain earned media coverage.
- Knowledge of digital & traditional advertising platforms and experience purchasing and fulling advertising spends
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, social media, and website content management (WordPress)
- Basic graphic design and google analytics software experiences required
The position requires the following Association Core Competencies: Quality focus, Relationship building and Collaboration, Communication, Diversity and Inclusion, Integrity and Trust, Commitment to Organization Mission, Vision and Values.
If you or someone you know is interested in joining our team, please forward a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
We appreciate your interest in a career opportunity with the YMCA of Oakville and Niagara. We thank all applicants and only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
The YMCA of Oakville and Niagara values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our Association. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter (or email).