We are looking for enthusiastic individuals to join our Membership Sales team to help build a stronger community and a better world.
This is the opportunity for you if you have a:
- Genuine desire to help others take the first steps towards lasting health
- Welcoming spirit and are ready to invite people to join the YMCA
- Positive outlook that contributes to a YMCA community that people want to keep coming back to
- Willingness to learn about the YMCA standards of service and to deliver exceptional YMCA member experiences
- Fundamental belief that it takes a team effort to put YMCA members at the center of all we do
Availability to work flexible hours including evenings, opening shifts, and/or weekends I Part- Time
- A complimentary YMCA membership which encourages you to embrace the Y’s philosophy of health and well-being
- Opportunities for professional development and career growth
- Provide excellent customer service, making customers/ members feel welcomed and valued
- Achieve monthly targets by performing effective sales tours, processing memberships, tracking and follow-up
- Perform administrative tasks such as registrations, solving sales and service-related queries
Knowledge and skills required:
- Secondary School Diploma or post-secondary diploma/ degree
- Minimum 1 year of customer service and sales experience
- Ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision, while effectively managing multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment and have an attention to detail
- Result oriented, computer savvy, excellent communication and problem -solving skills
- A current and satisfactory Criminal Reference Check / Vulnerable Sector Search issued no later than six (6) months preceding your start date
The position requires the following Association Core Competencies: Quality focus, Relationship building and collaboration, Commitment to organization mission, vision and values, Communication, Diversity and inclusion, Integrity and trust.
If you or someone you know is interested in joining our team, please forward a cover letter and resume to email@example.com .
We thank all applicants and only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
The YMCA of Oakville values the diversity & inclusion and is committed to excellence in our Association. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter (or email).