Looking for Talented Child Care Educators to join our team!
If you are currently looking for a position with growth potential and a great place to work, we invite you to join our team and make a difference in the community.
Location:School Sites in Oakville
Hours of work: School Year -Monday to Friday: 7:00am to 9:00am and/or 2:30pm to 6:00pm (Hours may vary, depending on school dismissal times) / Part-Time
There may be potential for in between shifts/hours in our Child Care locations
Salary & Benefits:
- Pay rate $18.42 – $20.45 per hour
- A complimentary YMCA membership which encourages you to embrace the Y’s philosophy of health and well-being
- Opportunities for professional development and career growth
- Develop and facilitate a before and after school program for students 4 – 12 years of age in their school
- Create warm, welcoming environments and ensure the safety of students enrolled in the program through direct supervision, attendance protocols, and age appropriate programming
- Implementation of the YMCA curriculum to meet the needs, interests and talents of all children
- Working professionally with caregivers, school personnel, outside agencies, and other team members
- Proactively developing relationships with children, peers, volunteers and parents
- Assist with children’s meals and snacks including set up and clean up.
- Adhering to all YMCA Policies and Practices, Child Care & Early Years Policies
- Early Childhood Education Diploma or equivalent or Child and Youth Worker Diploma or Social Service Worker Diploma or Early Childhood Assistant Diploma or equivalent
- Experience working with children in JK to Grade 6 is preferred
- Ability to communicate in a sensitive, courteous manner with children, parents, staff and the general public
- Current successful Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Valid Standard First Aid & CPR Level C
The position requires the following Association Core Competencies: Quality focus, Relationship building and collaboration, Commitment to organization mission, vision and values, Communication, Diversity and inclusion, Integrity and trust.
If you or someone you know is interested in joining our team, please forward a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
We thank all applicants and only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
The YMCA of Oakville values the diversity & inclusion and is committed to excellence in our Association. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter (or email).