Are you enthusiastic about swimming, teaching, mentoring and working with all age groups?
Join our Aquatics Team now – multiple part time positions available! Our Lifeguards/Swim Instructors help maintain the safe operation of our Aquatics programs and ensure service excellence.
Peter Gilgan Family YMCA
Monday to Friday, 5:30 am – 12:30 pm or 12:30 pm – 8:00 pm, or
3.5 hour shifts Monday to Friday, between 4:00 pm – 10:00 pm, Weekends between 7:00 am – 6:00 pm
Salary & Benefits
- Pay rate $14.50 per hour
- Staff Membership to YMCA Health, Fitness & Aquatics facility
- Opportunities for leadership roles, career growth and professional development
- Significant staff discount for Lifesaving Society re-certification
- Convenient hours to be scheduled for private lessons at competitive pay
Lifeguard/Swim instructors are responsible for:
- The safety and well being of all patrons swimming in the pool
- Enforcing all Ontario pool regulations and YMCA of Oakville pool rules and admission standards
Swim Instructors are required to:
- Teach various levels of swimming to all age groups with provided lesson plans
- Update swim lesson roster weekly and prepare progress card seasonally
- Effectively communicate with participants, parents for their progression
- NLS, Standard First Aid and AED
- Swim Instructor Certification
- Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening
- LSS advanced instructors
- Aqua Fitness certification
This position requires the following Association Core Competencies:
- Quality Focus
- Relationship Building and Collaboration
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Integrity and Trust
- Commitment to Organization Mission, Vision and Values
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Lifeguard/Swim Instructor”.
The YMCA of Oakville values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our Association. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter or email.
We appreciate your interest in a career at the YMCA of Oakville! Please note, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.