We are looking for an exceptional Personal Trainer/Wellness Coach who would be responsible for delivering quality, value-based health and wellness programs and services to our members.
Salary and Work Schedule
- Pay rate- Personal Trainer $21.00 per hour and Wellness Coach $ 14.50 per hour
- YMCA Staff Membership included (Health, Fitness & Aquatics)
- Opportunities for professional development and career growth
- Part Time/ Evenings shifts: 5pm-10pm and weekends
- Understands and supports the vision of the YMCA by developing meaningful, long lasting relationships with members through purposeful interactions
- Makes formal connections with members to ensure that: Individual goals are identified, addressed and achieved ; Long lasting friendships are developed and maintained ; Members stay motivated
- Promptly responds to inquiries regarding fitness programs and acts as an Ambassador of the Wellness Department by providing excellent membership service and support
- Maintain high retention of members through the delivery of relationship focused individual coaching
- Maintain high level safety standards and monitor all equipment in the Wellness Centre
- Track daily statistics of Wellness Centre usage and the number of participants in the various fitness classes
- Weekly clean all wellness equipment’s
- Follow up with assigned members (reminder calls for appointments, check in calls, retention calls)
Knowledge, Skill, Ability and Experience
- Minimum 6 months of Health & Wellness experience
- Personal Training Certification(valid)
- YMCA Individual Conditioning Level 2 or equivalent
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Valid First Aid & CPR
- Current successful Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Related Post Secondary Education
- YMCA experience
- Basic ability to use technology and MS Office
The position requires the following Association Core Competencies: Quality focus, Relationship building and collaboration, Commitment to organization mission, vision and values, Communication, Diversity and inclusion, Integrity and trust.
If you or someone you know is interested in joining our team, please forward a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants and only those considered selected for an interview will be contacted.
The YMCA of Oakville values the diversity & inclusion and is committed to excellence in our Association. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter (or email).