Here at the YMCA in 2017, 394 volunteers gave 20,825 hours of their time to help people in our community learn, grow, and thrive.
Volunteering at the YMCA is a great way to invest in your community. No matter how much time you have to offer, you’ll give more children, teens, families, and adults the opportunity to lead happier, healthier lives.
By offering your time and skills through us, you will be joining one of Canada’s leading charities in building healthier communities through a shared passion for helping others.
Benefits of becoming a YMCA Volunteer
- Inspire someone and be a positive role model
- Share your skills and talents with others
- Meet new people and expand your network
- Build skills that are valued by employers
- Complete community service hours
- Give back to your community
There are many types of volunteer roles across our Association. Whether supporting our programs and events or providing expertise and leadership, volunteers are at the heart of everything we do. Whatever your talents, interests, or schedule, there is an opportunity for you to give back through the YMCA.
Volunteering is open to people age 14 and up.
If you’re interested in a volunteer role with the YMCA, we invite you to apply today.
|Volunteer Membership Services|
- Please complete the Volunteer Application Form and submit it to email@example.com
- Your application will be reviewed for available volunteer opportunities matching your interests and skills
- You will be contacted to set up an interview. Please note that a valid and clear Criminal Reference Check with VSS (Vulnerable Sector Screening) is required before any volunteering can commence.
- You will be contacted once three references are completed and your placement is confirmed.
Where to apply for a Criminal Reference Check:
1151 Bronte Road
Hours of Business (M-F): 8:00 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.
Halton Regional Police Department – 20 Division
95 Oakwalk Drive
905-825-4747, ext. 2205
Hours of Business (M-F): 8:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.