If you are looking for a flexible work schedule, a great place to work, we invite you to join our child care team and make a difference in the community.
Location: School Sites in Oakville
Hours of work: Monday to Friday: 7:00am to 9:00am and/or 2:30pm to 6:00pm (Hours may vary, depending on school dismissal times) / Part-Time/ Supply Shift
There may be potential for in between shifts/hours in our Child Care locations
Salary & Benefits:
- Pay rate $18.44 – $20.47 per hour
- A complimentary YMCA membership which encourages you to embrace the Y’s philosophy of health and well-being
- Opportunities for professional development and career growth
- Develop and facilitate a before and after school program for students 4 – 12 years of age in their school
- Create warm, welcoming environment and ensure the safety of students enrolled in the program through direct supervision, attendance protocols, and age appropriate programming
- Implementation of the YMCA curriculum to meet the needs, interests and talents of all children
- Working professionally with caregivers, school personnel, outside agencies, and other team members
- Proactively developing relationships with children, peers, volunteers and parents
- Assist with children’s meals and snacks including set up and clean up
- Adhering to all YMCA Policies and Practices, Child Care & Early Years Policies
- Early Childhood Education Diploma or equivalent, Child and Youth Worker Diploma, Social Service Worker Diploma, Early Childhood Assistant Diploma or equivalent
- Experience working with children in JK to Grade 6 is preferred
- Ability to communicate in a sensitive, courteous manner with children, parents, staff and the general public
- Current successful Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Valid Standard First Aid & CPR Level C
This position requires the following Association Core Competencies: Quality Focus, Relationship Building and Collaboration, Communication, Diversity and Inclusion, Integrity and Trust, and Commitment to Organization Mission, Vision and Values.
Apply for a rewarding career today by submitting your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants and only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
The YMCA of Oakville values the diversity & inclusion and is committed to excellence in our Association. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter (or email).