We are looking for talented Community Program Instructor to join our Community Initiatives team.
The Community Program Instructor will be responsible for assisting with program delivery of community-based programs for children and youth aged 5-18 years, ensuring positive experiences for participants and delivering high quality mission-based programs. Assist with after school enhancement program, priority neighborhood programs including activities such as robotics, intramural leagues, Newcomer Leadership, Together as Girls and Just the Guys programs, and more.
Salary & Benefits:
- Pay rate $14.50 per hour
- A complimentary YMCA membership which encourages you to embrace the Y’s philosophy of health and well-being
- Opportunities for career growth and professional development
Schedule of Work:
- Flexible shifts available, Monday- Saturday, between 2:00 – 9:00 pm (shifts may vary) l Part-Time
Multiple Part -Time Positions available.
- Coordinates and delivers youth community programs at various locations within Oakville
- Act as a positive role model and mentor to participants
- Responsible for assisting with maintaining attendance and statistical information
- Compile participant feedback during program operation
- Considers health and safety of all participants, assesses and responds to potential areas of risk
- Develops and sustains positive relationships with staff, volunteers, community partners
- Facilitates meaningful connections while ensuring a welcoming and an open environment for all
Qualifications and Experience
- Secondary School Diploma or post-secondary diploma/ degree required
- At least 6 months of work experience, preferably working with children/youth in recreational programs
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Conflict resolution skills and problem solving
- Effective team work and collaboration skills
- Demonstrates an ability to maintain and deal with sensitive and confidential situations with professionalism
- Models behaviour aligned with our association’s mission, vision and values
- Clear police security check which includes vulnerable sector screening
The position requires the following Association Core Competencies: Quality focus, Relationship building and Collaboration, Communication, Diversity and Inclusion, Integrity and Trust, Commitment to Organization Mission, Vision and Values.
If you or someone you know is interested in joining our team, please forward a cover letter and resume to [email protected] .
We thank all applicants and only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
The YMCA of Oakville values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our Association. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter (or email).