Instantly double your fundraising!
More and more, corporations are realizing the value of investing in the communities where their employees live and work. It boosts their morale, inspires them to work harder, and helps the charities that their employees care about. Over 500 companies in Canada will match donations made by their employees to charitable organizations like the YMCA. Some match 1:1, others 2:1, some even 3:1 or more. Matching gifts are an easy way for an employee to make a donation that will have a more significant financial impact.
To find out whether your company has a matching gift program, please check the list below. Even if your company is not listed here, you should ask your human resources, personnel or community relations office for more information and matching gift forms.
How to have your employeer match your gift
- You get a matching gift form from your employer, usually from the human resource department.
- After completing the form, send the form along with the gift to the Financial Development Office at the YMCA of Oakville.
- The Financial Development office will certify on the form that it has received the gift and will return the form to the company.
- The company verifies the eligibility of the employee and sends a cheque to the YMCA.
- You will be mailed an official tax receipt for your gift and once we receive your employer’s matching gift, they will receive a receipt for their gift.
Employers with Matching Donation Programs include: