This position will provide ongoing learning, support, tools and resources to guide educators in ensuring all children with complex needs are integrated fully into our child care programs. This position will also work collaboratively with the summer day camp team to ensure that children with identified and unidentified special needs are effectively integrated into the summer camp setting. This individual will play an important role in ensuring that YMCA child care and summer camp programs celebrate the uniqueness of each child and allow children to fully participate in character-building, values-based programming.
Competitive Salary & Benefits:
- Competitive pay and a comprehensive benefit package
- YMCA Staff Membership included (Health, Fitness & Aquatics)
- Opportunities for career growth and professional development
Location: YMCA of Oakville
Schedule of Work:
Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week (must be available to work between 7 am – 6 pm)
- Provide on-site coaching, mentoring & role modeling to child care and summer camp staff
- Work closely with the support facilitators and program teams to develop and implement a wide range of developmentally appropriate activities that are engaging and fun
- Support camp directors, program coordinators and camp counselors to ensure programs are modified to meet the needs of all children
- Coordinates and/or facilitates training for child care and camp staff re: effective inclusion practices
- Supports child care and camp staff by providing resources and strategies to ensure successful daily transitions and programming for children who need additional support
- College Diploma or University Degree in a related field (i.e. adult learning, resource consulting)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working with children and families
- Strong knowledge with children and their families who have developmental delays and families with complex needs with a focus on family-centered practices
- Excellent knowledge of relevant acts, legislation’s and frame works, including but not limited to: Child and Family Services Act, Child Care and Early Years Act and How Does Learning Happen?
- Strong facilitation skills
- Strong collaboration and team skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Current First Aid and CPR certificate
- Valid Ontario’s driver’s license
The position requires the following Association Core Competencies: Quality focus, Relationship building and Collaboration, Communication, Diversity and Inclusion, Integrity and Trust, Commitment to Organization Mission, Vision and Values.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line “Specialist, Inclusionary Supports”.
We thank all applicants and only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
This posting closes on February 15th, 2019.
The YMCA of Oakville values the diversity & inclusion and is committed to excellence in our Association. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter (or email).