- Child must be 4 by the first day of Explorers
- Child must be 8 by the first day of Horseback
- Child must be 12 by the first day of Wilderness
- Staying enrolled in the St Andrew’s Program
- Switching to another location based on availability
- Need for Camp Care
Before and After Camp Care are available from 7:00 – 9:00 am & 4:00 – 6:00 pm at the following locations:
- Oakville Trafalgar High School (Available for OT Junior Camp participants only)
- Peter Gilgan Family YMCA (Available for Peter Gilgan Family YMCA Camp participants only)
- River Oaks Public School (Available for River Oaks, Bronte and Valens Camp participants)
- St Dominic Elementary School (Available for Bronte and Valens Camp participants)
- Holy Family Elementary School (Available for Bronte and Valens Camp participants)
- St Mary Elementary School (Available for Palermo, Bronte Valens Camp participants)
- Explorers & Jr Adventure Tours – 1:8
- Sr Outdoor Pursuits & Sr Adventure Tours – 1:12
- LIT & CIT – 1:15
- All other camp programs – 1:10
We have many different forms of communication tools to ensure parents can be part of the camp experience!
- Email – the week before camp, all parents will receive a an email outlining important information about the upcoming session of camp
- Phone Calls – the week before camp, all families will receive a phone call from their camp counsellor to introduce themselves, and answer any questions you may have
- Family Newsletter – families will receive weekly newsletters home from camp on Mondays outlining specific activities for the week. Please note that in the event of inclement weather, activities may be changed
- Social Media – Keep up-to-date with what’s going on at camp by liking us on Facebook, and following us on Instagram and Twitter!
Our camp days are busy! To ensure your child is prepared, please make sure the following items are packed:
- Closed-toed shoes (preferably running shoes)
- NUT FREE, litterless lunch and snacks (an insulated lunch bag is best)
- Water (in a reusable container)
- Swimsuit and towel
- Backpack to carry everything in
- Weather appropriate shoes and clothing
To ensure your child is prepared for our overnight programs, please ensure the following items are packed:
- Sleeping bag and pillow
- Clothing for next day(s)
- Warm clothes (sweater, warm pants, toque)
- Insect repellant
- Personal toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, etc.)
- Prescription Medication – Upon arrival at camp, please give the prescription medication, along with the completed Medication Administration form to the bus marshall or counsellor. Counsellors will give all medication to the Director, who will keep the medication in a locked box. Medication will only be removed from this box at times when it is to be administered and to return it to parents. All medication must feature your child’s name, dosage and duration in the original package. Please let us know if there are any special storage requirements, or common side effects.
- Epi-Pens & Inhalers – Any camper who brings an Epi-Pen or Inhaler to camp must bring it in a separate fanny pack/case. Epi-Pens and Inhalers will be kept with your child’s camp counsellor at all times. If you wish the Epi-Pen and/or Inhaler to remain with your child, please indicate this on your Medication Administration form.
- Providing the YMCA with a current Police Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Completing their Emergency First Aid and CPR “B” certification
- Completing pre-camp training focused on working with children, creating positive group experiences for all campers, programming and relationship building
- Volunteers – will be placed in some groups at camp. Our volunteers are an extremely important part of our camp community and provide support to our counsellors
- Counsellors – Responsible for the physical and emotional safety of all campers in their group. Counsellors work closely with children each day and ensure a positive camp experience.
- Program Coordinators – Responsible for program quality at the camp location.
- Directors – Oversee the daily operations of the camp location
- Administrators – Provide registration and office support to the camp community
- Supervisor – Oversees all camp programs operating through the YMCA of Oakville