2020 Summer Camp update
After careful consideration based on the latest COVID-19 developments and recommendations by local and regional health officials, we have decided to cancel our previously scheduled 2020 summer camp programs in Oakville.
All families who have paid camp fees will receive a full refund.
For more details, please click here.
YMCA of Oakville is offering free virtual summer camp programming this summer
With the closure of many summer camps to slow the spread of COVID-19, the YMCA of Oakville is responding with the launch of a virtual camp program: YCamp.
For over 100 years, the YMCA has been a leader in delivering camp programs to children and youth across Canada. We share the disappointment felt by children who are not going to be able to camp this summer; but we are also pleased to bring YCamp to our community.
More about YCamp
- Free online program available to all children and youth across Canada
- Virtual camp programs, released each week over the course of the summer
- The YCamp program will be educational and fun, with weekly challenges so that “campers” can achieve virtual camp certifications over the course of the summer
- Children will be able to get online feedback on their skill development
- The first day of YCamp is July 6 and will run through to August 28
- Delivered by YMCA camp staff across the country
The YCamp program will be accessible online at www.ymcahome.ca/YCamp.
YCamp is the latest addition to the YMCA at Home virtual platform, which already includes YThrive (fitness classes), YPlay (family activities), YWell (personal wellness resources) and YGym (physical activities for children and youth).
If you have questions please contact us by email. We are not staffing the camp office as we regularly would, but are committed to responding to all emails and messages as soon as we can.