We are looking for a Team Leader- Before and After School Program (Part- Time) to provide a fun, safe, and active before and after school program for children age group of 4 to 12 years. Team Leader will be responsible for the oversight and supervision of the program, ensuring all YMCA policies, procedures, and Day Nursery Act requirements are met. Additionally, responsible for developing and delivering quality programs that support the healthy development of children, while fostering and nurturing positive peer relationships in a supervised setting.
Competitive Salary & Benefits:
- Competitive pay rate $17.99 – $20.47 per hour (inclusive of provincial and federal grant)
- YMCA Staff Membership included (Health, Fitness & Aquatics)
- Opportunities for career growth and professional development
Schedule of Work: Monday to Friday, 7:00 am to 9:00 am / 2:30 pm to 6:00 pm (Split shifts)
- Provides oversight and supervision to before and after school program
- Comply with the Child Care Early Years Act, YMCA Policies and the YMCA Child Protection Policy
- Ensures positive, professional communication with families on an ongoing basis, and responds promptly to all requests, queries and concerns
- Delivers quality age-appropriate program experiences that are reflective of the varied interests of the group
- Provides leadership in meeting program objectives
- Dedicated to supporting the healthy growth and development of children that promotes a lifelong appreciation for learning
- Collaborates with other YMCA staff members and volunteers to support effective team work
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with school personnel
- Participates in professional development including staff meetings, workshops and training
- Completes administration tasks as required
- Registered Early Childhood Educator (RECE) is an asset
- Or Bachelor of Education (OCT)/ Child and Youth Worker (CYW)/ Early Childhood Assistant (ECA)/ Social Service Worker (SSW)/ Personal Support Worker (PSW)/ Recreation & Leisure
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working with children and families
- Effective conflict resolution and team work skills
- Valid Standard First Aid with CPR C
- Police Security Check and Immunization Record
The position requires the following Association Core Competencies: Quality focus, Relationship building and Collaboration, Communication, Diversity and Inclusion, Integrity and Trust, Commitment to Organization Mission, Vision and Values.
We appreciate your interest in a career opportunity with the YMCA of Oakville.
Please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com with a subject line “Team Leader- Before and After School Program”.
We thank all applicants and only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
The YMCA of Oakville values the diversity & inclusion and is committed to excellence in our Association. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter (or email).