Senior Manager of Community Development
Fund Development offices in Hamilton/Burlington/Brantford, Niagara and Oakville
Starting Salary: $70,000
Position Status: Full-time with benefits
Nature and scope
The Senior Manager of Community Development will be a member of the Fund Development team across the three regions of Hamilton/Burlington/Brantford, Niagara and Oakville and will report to the Regional Vice President of Philanthropy. The Senior Manager will work closely with, and in partnership with, the YMCA’s mission and program leads to ensure successful planning and execution of community fundraising activities and events.
The Senior Manager is expected to bring professional judgement and focused energy to building a culture of philanthropy where giving becomes a by-product of a compelling mission and a dedication to relationship building and growth.
- Working in consultation with the Regional Vice President of Philanthropy, establish community development goals, metrics and strategic priorities
- In collaboration with YMCA staff, volunteers and donors, support and execute community fundraising events and activities
- Work with Marketing and Communications to support community fundraising and special events needs
- Work with internal stakeholders to evaluate existing fundraising activities and develop strategies and plans that lead to program growth and efficiencies
- In collaboration with internal stakeholders, define and execute donor stewardship plans
- Monitor performance according to defined goals and metrics
- As a member of the Fund Development team, ensure full compliance with all policies and best practices and standards of the association as it relates to professional fundraising and relationship management
- Take an active role in community fundraising development, with defined goals
- Foster culture and a sincere appreciation for community development, engagement and volunteerism
- Create, develop and sustain development activities and programs to ensure life-long community engagement and support
- Successfully integrate a donor-centred fundraising approach throughout the organization
- University degree or higher, preferably in fundraising or related field
- 7+ years experience leading the successful development and delivery of community and special events fundraising
- A strong relationship builder, able to establish trusting and lasting relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Commitment to organization vision and values – Demonstrate and promote a personal understanding of, and appreciation for the mission, vision, strategic outcomes and values of the YMCA
- Communication – Communicate in a thorough, clear and timely manner and support information sharing and goal achievements across the YMCA
- Planning and organizing – Establish a clearly defined and effective course of action for self and others to accomplish short and long-term work goals
- Leadership – Guide, motivate and inspire self and others to take action to achieve desired outcomes
- Relationship building and collaboration – Build positive interactions both internally and externally to achieve work-related goals
- Integrity – Demonstrate responsible behaviour at all times and maintain high ethical standards
Please send your resume and cover letter to Paul.email@example.com with “Senior Manager of Community Development ” in the subject line .
The position closes by September 27, 2018.
We thank all applicants, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The YMCA of Oakville values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our association. If you require accommodations during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter or email.