We are currently looking for a full-time Registered Early Childhood Educator. The successful candidate will be a reflective practitioner with a strong understanding of child development and will be passionate about helping young children learn and develop. This individual will nurture the growth of children 18 months to 3.8 years old.
Competitive Salary & Benefits:
- Competitive pay rate $20.47 per hour (inclusive of provincial and federal grant)
- Comprehensive benefits + YMCA Membership included (Health, Fitness & Aquatics)
- Opportunities for career growth and professional development
Schedule of Work:
42.5 hours/week, Monday to Friday, rotational shifts, from 7 am to 6pm
- College Diploma or University Degree in Early Childhood Education, and certified through the College of Early Childhood Educators (RECE)
- Experience working with young children and families
- Passion for planning and facilitating high quality play-based experiences for children
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- A flexible, collaborative team player with a strong work ethic
- Valid Standard First Aid with CPR C prior to first day of work
- A valid, updated police security check with vulnerable sector screening
- Effective implementation of the nationally recognized YMCA Playing to Learn curriculum
- Ensures positive, professional communication with families on an ongoing basis
- Comply with the Child Care Early Years Act, YMCA Policies and the YMCA Child Protection Policy
The position requires the following Association Core Competencies: Quality focus, Relationship building and Collaboration, Communication, Diversity and Inclusion, Integrity and Trust, Commitment to Organization Mission, Vision and Values.
Please send your Resume & Cover Letter at email@example.com
We appreciate your interest in a career opportunity with the YMCA of Oakville. We thank all applicants and only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
The YMCA of Oakville values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our Association. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter (or email).