On-Site Supervisor (Full Time)
The On-Site Supervisor will provide operational leadership and support to a child care program serving children 18 months to 12 years of age, and their families and report to the Director of Child Care. Will also be responsible for the operational leadership and supervision of the program and ensuring all YMCA policies and procedures and Child Care Early Years Act requirements are met. Maintain positive working relationships with families, principals and school administration. On-site supervisors will develop and deliver quality programs that support the healthy development of children by guiding the programs to align with the Association goals and objectives.
Competitive Salary & Benefits:
- Competitive pay rate $22.72 per hour (inclusive of provincial and federal grant)
- YMCA Staff Membership included (Health, Fitness & Aquatics) + Benefits
- Opportunities for career growth and professional development
Location: School Site, Oakville
Schedule of Work: Monday to Friday, 42.5 hours per week
Rotational shifts between 7:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Provides operational leadership and supervision to the program, ensuring compliance with YMCA policies and procedures and Child Care Early Years Act requirements
- Ensures positive, professional communication with families on an ongoing basis, and responds promptly to all requests, queries and concerns
- Ensures positive, professional partnerships with school principals, kindergarten teachers and school administrators
- Ensures the effective implementation of YMCA Place to Connect, and the delivery of high quality before and after school programs aligned with the principles of YMCA Healthy Child Development
- Ensures a seamless day for JK/SK children and develop an ongoing communication plan with kindergarten teachers
- Delivers nutritional menu’s that follow the guidelines from Canada’s Food Guide
- Coordinates registrations, manages enrolment and monthly expenses
- Completes various administrative duties
- Provides ongoing coaching and supervision of center team, including the completion of performance reviews
- College Diploma or University Degree in Early Childhood Education or certified teaching degree
- RECE’s are in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators
- 2 years working with children and families within a licensed child care environment is an asset
- Working knowledge of the Child Care Early Years Act
- Clear police security check with vulnerable sector screening
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, and relationship -building skills
- Demonstrated ability in leading, coaching and cultivating a work environment of collaboration and teamwork
- Displays passion, enthusiasm and commitment to the YMCA’s mission, vision and core values
The position requires the following Association Core Competencies: Quality focus, Relationship building and Collaboration, Communication, Diversity and Inclusion, Integrity and Trust, Commitment to Organization Mission, Vision and Values.
We appreciate your interest in a career opportunity with the YMCA of Oakville.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Childcarecareers@oakville.ymca.ca with a subject line “Team Leader- Before and After School Program”.
We thank all applicants and only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
This posting closes on October 1, 2018.
The YMCA of Oakville values the diversity & inclusion and is committed to excellence in our Association. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter (or email).