The Junior Graphic Designer & Web Coordinator is responsible for delivering on-brand creative and innovative design solutions which supports the marketing and communication strategy goals of the YMCAs of Oakville, Niagara and Hamilton|Burlington|Brantford. The position reports to the Regional General Manager, Marketing and Communications.
Oakville, but we are flexible to accommodate in either of our locations within Halton and Niagara.
Monday to Friday and should be flexible to work in evenings/weekends if required.
Salary & Benefits
- Salary: $35,000 to $40,000/ year
- Comprehensive benefits package plus a complimentary YMCA Health, Fitness and Aquatics membership
- Work with the Regional Marketing and Communications team to produce professional, creative design solutions to reach operational and strategic goals
- Plays an active role in ensuring the integrity of the YMCA visual and verbal brand internally and externally
- Aligns the visual elements of print and digital campaigns for consistency
- Responsible for the development of a variety of print and digital projects including, but not limited to: digital marketing, program schedules and guides, flyers, posters, displays and signs, fillable PDF forms, web banners, customizable Microsoft Word and PowerPoint templates
- Actively contributes to the creative process within the Regional Marketing Communications team, sharing ideas and open feedback as needed
- Continually seeks opportunities to streamline operations and leverage efficiency through cross-promotions, standardized resources (templates) and economies of scale
- Keeps informed of new developments and trends in graphic design, marketing communications and sales, and shares this information with the team to help the association operate with initiative and innovation
- Grow digital engagement with members and the community adhering the YMCA Digital Engagement Guidelines and best practices, collaborating with other departments to create engaging content
- Support updates to YMCA-owned websites as needed
- Support the implementation of a social media calendar with a variety of content including digital files, photography, video including but not limited to (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Instagram)
- Adhere to the YMCA Child Protection Policies and Procedures
- Perform other duties as to advance regional marketing and communication goals as required
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in graphic design, marketing, communications or related field
- 2-3 years experience working as a graphic designer within a collaborative creative team
- Able to manage and prioritize within tight and shifting deadlines
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat
- Self-motivated, driven and passionate about creativity
- Solid understanding of the printing process and experience managing the process
- Technical proficiency and aptitude for learning new technology within the graphic design/marketing communications fields
- Multiple platform social media experience that builds audience engagement
- Experience working with WYSIWYG web editors/WordPress and basic HTML skills
- Open and receptive to design critique, but also able to represent their own work
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Quality Focus: Ensures all deliverables meet YMCA brand standards and are innovative, creative and customer-focused for service excellence
- Communication: Acts as a brand lead and champion to effectively communicate key brand messages internally and externally
- Relationship Building & Collaboration: Builds positive interactions both internally and externally to achieve work related goals
- Integrity and Trust: Demonstrates responsible and trustworthy behavior always and maintains high ethical standards
- Commitment to Organizational Mission, Vision and Values: Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for the Strategic Objectives, Mission, Vision, and Values of the YMCA
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with Junior Graphic Designer & Web Coordinator in the subject line.
The YMCA of Oakville values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our Association. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter or email.
We appreciate your interest in a career at the YMCA of Oakville! Please note, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.