Nature and Scope
There is an immediate opening for a full-time female housekeeping professional who is passionate about providing exceptional housekeeping service. This is a full-time position paying $14.50 per hour.
Working within the Facility Services department, the housekeeping staff is responsible for the day to day appearance and cleanliness of the female change room in order to meet or exceed YMCA standards. This requires an individual who has the ability to work on their own as well as part of a team, operate cleaning equipment, follow health and safety procedures and demonstrate the Association’s Core Values in all work duties.
- Full-time (40 hours/week)
- Monday to Friday between 2:30 and 11:00 p.m.
- Saturday to Sunday between 7:00 a.m. and 8:00 pm
- Willing to work on statutory holidays and provide coverage for other shifts if required
- Maintain the YMCA female change room
- Ensure excellent standards of cleaning
- Operate some cleaning equipment like vacuum cleaner
- General housekeeping duties such as cleaning, re-stocking amenities, laundering and folding of towels for members
- Grade 10 or equivalent education is required
- Previous experience in a housekeeping role preferred, but will train the right candidate
- Customer service focused
- Must be physically able to perform all delegated duties
- Must provide a police vulnerability security check
Salary and benefits
- $14.50 per hour
- Comprehensive benefits package plus a complimentary YMCA Health, Fitness and Aquatics membership
October 31, 2018
This position requires the following YMCA core competencies: Quality focus, relationship building and collaboration, communication, diversity and inclusion, integrity and trust, commitment to organization mission, vision and values.
If you or someone you know is interested in applying for this position, please forward a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Housekeeping – Full Time” in the subject line.
We appreciate your interest in a career opportunity with the YMCA of Oakville. Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please let us know if you require accommodation with your application. The YMCA of Oakville values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our Association.