Fund Development offices in Hamilton/Burlington/Brantford, Niagara and Oakville
Starting Salary: $60,000
Position Status: Full-time with benefits
Nature and Scope
The Grant Writer will be a member of the Fund Development team across the three regions of Hamilton/Burlington/Brantford, Niagara and Oakville and will report to the Regional VP of Philanthropy. The Grant Writer will work closely with YMCA mission and program leads to identify funding needs and take the lead on identifying and qualifying select granting opportunities. The Grant Writer will lead proposal development, writing and submissions.
The Grant Writer has excellent writing skills, along with strong project and time management skills. The candidate must be highly organized, collaborative, and proactive, with the ability to effectively use independent judgement and produce quality work within tight timelines. The successful candidate will be a self-motivated and committed individual with a track record of successful funding proposals.
- Work with program leads, complete research and develop compelling content for grant proposals that meet grantor requirements
- Collect the required information, statistics, analytical and anecdotal data, and translate data into strongly articulated written content and compelling proposals
- Create persuasive, well-structured grant narratives through the use of effective storytelling
- Complete and/or support other aspects of grant development, including grant identification and qualification, soliciting, writing and collecting support letters, preparing figures, diagrams and grant budgets
- Performing other related duties as assigned
- Successful candidate must possess a graduate degree in a relevant field and possess an understanding of grant writing requirements
- 3 – 5 years of experience in relevant grant writing roles
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- A commitment to professional ethics, along with an ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion with sensitive information
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail to ensure timeliness and accuracy of content
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills, including excellent oral communication and interviewing skills
- Communications – Communicate in a thorough, clear and timely manner and support information sharing and goal achievements across the YMCA.
- Planning and Organizing – Establish a clearly defined and effective course of action for self and others to accomplish short and long-term work goals.
- Teamwork – Actively build teams and encourage open relationships for maximum organizational effectiveness
- Relationship building and collaboration – Build positive interactions both internally and externally to achieve work related goals
- Integrity – Demonstrate responsible behaviour at all times and maintain high ethical standards
Please send your resume and cover letter to Paul.firstname.lastname@example.org with “Grant Writer” in the subject line.
The position closes by September 27, 2018.
We thank all applicants, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The YMCA of Oakville values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our association. If you require accommodations during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter or email.