YMCA Association Services – St. Catharines
Salary Range: $50,000 – $55,000 annually plus full YMCA Benefits Full time 40 hours per week (may include evenings and weekends)
Start date: Immediately
NATURE & SCOPE:
Reporting to the Regional General Manager, Marketing & Communications, the Communication Specialist is responsible for implementing strategic communication plans to support internal communications and promote overall employee engagement.
- Combined undergraduate degree and postgraduate studies in communications/public relations or equivalent
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in the following areas: writing/editing content, internal communications, media relations, special events and coordination of advertising and publications
- Advanced writing and editing skills applied to communication vehicles that deliver key messages to general and also highly targeted audiences.
- Proven creative writing skills; the ability to reconstruct content in multiple formats
- Strong technical writing and presentation skills
- Excellent knowledge working with various modes of current and emerging media and complementary computer skills
- Superior project management skills, including relationship management
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical, planning, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Critical thinking with the ability to multi-task effectively
- Ability to lead effectively in a crisis situation
- Strong leadership skills; strong engagement and persuasion skills
- Ability to network, research and analyze issues
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage tight deadlines with a positive attitude
- A clear Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening [within 1 year from the date of issue]
- Support the execution of an internal communication strategy to support employee engagement across the YMCAs of Niagara, Oakville and Hamilton|Burlington|Brantford
- Create specific communication action plans, timelines and defined deliverables that support the communication of internal messages which help shape culture, drive engagement deliver results.
- Write and edit content for internal communication vehicles identified in the regional marketing and communication strategy.
- Integrate new and emerging digital platforms to enhance employee communication and appeal to a diverse workforce.
- Identify and curate human interest stories that demonstrate the impact and YMCA cause in action through multiple communications formats.
- Ensure internal messages are communicated to employees in a clear, timely and effective manners using high impact writing style and format
- Work with Human Resource teams to enhance communication regarding employee engagement and organizational development initiatives across the Associations.
- Develop systems and training tools to support internal communication best practices across the YMCA.
- Review and edit communications drafted by internal stakeholders and make recommendations to ensure messaging is consistent with internal strategy and tone
- Develops and manage a functional content calendar for all areas of the organization.
- Support the execution of special events and other initiatives [government announcements, donor recognition, community engagement et al.]as part of the Regional Marketing & Communications Team
- Continually improve measure and evaluate the effective of the employee communications strategy and methods.
- Adhere to the YMCA Child Protection Policies and Procedures
- Perform other duties as to advance regional marketing and communication goals as required
- Planning and organizing: Establishes a clearly defined and effective course of action for self and others to accomplish short and long term work goals
- Relationship building and collaboration: Builds positive interactions both internally and externally to achieve work related goals
- Communication: Communicates in a thorough, clear and timely manner and supports information sharing and goal achievement across the YMCA
- Creativity and Innovation: develops new ways or adapts existing ideas to help us achieve desired results
- Forward thinking: Thinks beyond the current situation to anticipate changes that may affect the future of the organization.
- Commitment to Organization Vision and Values: Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, strategic outcomes and values of the YMCA.
- Results Oriented: The ability to lead, manage and achieve identified goals.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume by noon on November 28th, 2018 to: E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate position applying for in the subject line of your email.
Accessibility accommodations and materials in alternate formats for individuals with disabilities can be arranged upon request. Only those applicants being considered for an interview will be contacted.