Location : Various School Age Sites in Oakville
Position: Part Time – Split Shift, contract starting end of August 2018 to June 2019 school year.
The YMCA of Oakville is a community of people dedicated to responsibility. Our Before and After School Educators are responsible for the wellbeing, and creative learning of hundreds of children in schools across the Oakville Community. They offer the opportunity for children to continue to grow and learn in a safe, healthy environment, providing mentorship, healthy snacks, and creative programming on a daily basis.
Nature and Scope
Our Child Care Program Educators offer fun, nurturing programs for children 4 to 12 years of age in our before and after school programs. They are responsible for developing and delivering age appropriate, quality programs that support the healthy growth and development of children, in a safe and supervised environment. Program Educators are trained to support children to make good decisions, become more independent, and take personal responsibility for their behaviour.
Salary and Work Schedule
- Part-Time, contract position, starting the end of August 2018
- Monday through Friday, hours typically from 7am to 9am and from 3pm to 6pm
- $15.02-17.50 (base wage range is dependent on certification) Plus wage enhancements, please refer below
Hourly wage enhancements
These positions are also eligible for an additional $0.97 per hour (General Operating Grant) and an extra $2.00 (Wage Enhancement Grant)
These hourly rate enhancements are subject to certain criteria are not guaranteed and are subject to change.
- Dedication to supporting the healthy growth and development of children that promotes a lifelong appreciation for learning
- Enhance social skills in children such as leadership, teamwork, problem solving, conflict resolution and the ability to form meaningful relationships with their peers
- Ensures positive, professional communication with families on an ongoing basis, and responds promptly to all requests, queries and concerns
- Deliver quality age-appropriate programs that are reflective of the varied interests of the group, following the YMCA Place to Connect Curriculum
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with other YMCA staff and school personnel
- Collaborates with other YMCA staff members and volunteers to support effective team work
- Completes administration tasks as required
- Participates in professional development including staff meetings, workshops and training
- Adherence to YMCA Child Protection Policy
- Ensures compliance with YMCA policies and procedure and the Child Care and Early Years Act
Knowledge, Skill, Ability and Experience
- Experience working with children and families
- RECE positions require an ECE or OCT diploma or degree from a recognized college or university, in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators or the Ontario College of Teachers
- College diploma in a child and youth related field (ie. child and youth worker, recreation leadership, social work) is an asset
- Effective conflict resolution and team work skills
- Clear police records check which includes vulnerable sector screening
- Must have valid Standard First Aid with CPR C (infant/child CPR)
- Current medical (record of necessary immunizations)
The position requires the following Association Core Competencies: quality focus, relationship building and collaboration, commitment to organization mission, vision and values, communication, diversity and inclusion, integrity and trust.
If you or someone you know is interested in joining our team, please forward a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
The YMCA of Oakville values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to
excellence and inclusion in our association.
Please let us know if you require accommodation with your application.