We are looking for a talented Aqua Fit Instructor who would be responsible to lead land/water-based fitness activities and help members reach their health and fitness goals in spirit, mind and body.
Peter Gilgan Family YMCA
Part Time/ various shifts available, flexibility to work evenings and weekends
Salary & Benefits
- Pay rate $21 per class
- Staff Membership to YMCA Health, Fitness & Aquatics facility
- Plan and execute a sound, safe & effective fitness class
- Understands the scope of the fitness class and participation capabilities
- Be prepared to modify class to suit needs of participants
- Responds to inquiries regarding fitness programs promptly and acts as an Ambassador of the Wellness Department by providing excellent membership service and support
- Monitor all equipment in the program area to maintain a high-level safety standard
- Develop a strong relationship with members through purposeful interactions and keep them stay motivated
- Follow Adult HFR Policy and Procedures manual and ensure compliance (e.g.: uniforms, service standards)
- Aquatic Fitness Certification/YMCA Leadership in Group Certification
- Outstanding Customer Service Skills
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Current CPR and First Aid
- Minimum 1 year of work experience teaching Aqua-Fit classes
- Models behaviour aligned with our association’s mission, vision and values
- Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Related Post-Secondary Education
- YMCA Individual Conditioning Level 2 or equivalent
- Computer skills, word, excel and outlook
This position requires the following Association Core Competencies:
- Quality Focus
- Relationship Building and Collaboration
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Integrity and Trust
- Commitment to Organization Mission, Vision and Values
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Aqua Fit Instructor”.
The YMCA of Oakville values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our Association. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter or email.
We appreciate your interest in a career at the YMCA of Oakville! Please note, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.