Posting Date: March 17, 2016
Closing Date: until all positions are filled
Nature and Scope: The Wellness Coach is responsible for ensuring a safe environment for our members and delivering quality, values-based health and wellness programs and services. The Wellness Coach will implement the Member Connect initiative to all new members.
Location: Peter Gilgan Family YMCA, 410 Rebecca Street, Oakville
- Development of personalized fitness programs for our members
- Program management, motivating, coaching members to reach their goals
- Provide excellent customer service and support on the wellness floor
- Circulate the wellness floor monitoring members to ensure the safe use of equipment and offering fitness advice when needed.
- Follow Adult HFR Policy and Procedures manual and ensure compliance (e.g.: uniforms, service standards)
- Administrative duties, responsible for tracking daily statistics for the Wellness Centre usage and the number of participants in the various fitness classes.
- Participates with the cleaning of all Wellness Centre equipment.
Knowledge, Skill, Ability and Experience
- Individual Conditioning Level 1 Current CPR and First Aid
- Customer Service and Relationship Building Skills
- Various work shifts as determined by Department Supervisor
- Further Development and hands-on fitness training
- Meeting and connecting with members of the Oakville community
For inquiries: Please direct your inquiries for this volunteer position to Lisa Newman at 905 845-5597 ext 427 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply: Please download the application form at www.ymcaofoakville.org or visit the Peter Gilgan Family YMCA for an application form. Forward your completed application form to the Supervisor, Philanthropic Engagement at 410 Rebecca Street or email email@example.com.