Posting Date: April 7, 2016
Closing Date: until all positions are filled
Nature and Scope: Working in a structured program environment with a team of staff, developing and delivering games for children of various ages. Preschool (2-5), Child (6-9) and Youth (10-13). Find a program that suits you and let your creativity soar.
Location: Peter Gilgan Family YMCA 410 Rebecca Street Oakville,
Responsibilities Assist Program Staff in:
- Providing individuals or families excellent service that is specific to the needs of the group.
- Helping in any of the following programs: Preschool (2-5), Child (6-9) and Youth (10-13).
- The set-up and take down of the program area.
Knowledge, Skill, Ability and Experience
- Experience working with children providing quality supervision and providing fun and exciting activities that ensure a positive experience.
- Strong communication skills with high comfort level working with a wide range of children.
Quality Focus: Commitment to the delivery of high-quality program and service excellence
Relationship Building and Collaboration: Builds positive relations with others
Commitment to organization mission, vision and values: Role models the Y Values in program and service delivery.
- Minimum 1 day a week for 1 hour Minimum of 6 months
- Opportunity to learn different skills.
- Satisfaction of creating a fun and safe environment for children and families to participate in activities.
- Learn about diversity at the YMCA and meet new people
Please direct your inquiries for this volunteer position to Quentin Budd at 905 845-5597 ext 374 or email@example.com
To apply: Please download the application form at www.ymcaofoakville.org or visit the Peter Gilgan Family YMCA for an application form. Forward your completed application form to the Supervisor, Philanthropic Engagement at 410 Rebecca Street or email firstname.lastname@example.org.