Posting Date: March 17, 2016
Closing Date: until all positions are filled
Nature and Scope: Responsible for welcoming all members and guests to our facility. Providing support to ensure all YMCA members and guests are presenting their YMCA membership card or signing in at the Membership Services Desk with a valid photo ID. Membership Services Greeter will compliment the team, through member engagement, facility tours, and enhancing the overall member and guest experience.
Location: YMCA of Oakville at the Membership Services Desk, 410 Rebecca St, Oakville, ON
- Monitor entry swipe desk – Friendly greeting, get to know members by name, ensure all members swipe in
- Visitor Log in procedures – Provide the visitor log book, confirm ID and provide visitor badge
- Membership tours of the facility – Providing basic info of all areas within YMCA facility during a guest tour
- Providing basic membership information – Reference Membership Information, and Program Guide
- Fitness Class sign in sheet – Ensuring members sign in to appropriate classes such as Cycle fit, and Gravity
Knowledge, Skill, Ability and Experience List
- Customer Service skills Basic knowledge of YMCA membership info and programs offered
- Quality Focus: Demonstrates a professional approach
- Commitment to organization mission, vision and values: Supporting the image and reputation of the YMCA as a charity
- Communication: Communicates information consistent with the Y Brand
- Diversity and Inclusion: Creates an inclusive environment and fosters a sense of belonging
- Integrity and Trust: Demonstrates responsible and reliable behavior at all times
- Relationship Building and Collaboration: Participates in activities with others to support association and departmental initiatives.
- 3 – 4 hour shift weekly
- Evening & Weekend Shifts Available!
- Customer Service experience
- Potential Employment within the Membership Service Team
For inquiries: Please contact Sabrina McCaig, Manager, Membership Service at email@example.com or 905 845-3417 ext 331
To apply: Please download the application form at www.ymcaofoakville.org or visit the Peter Gilgan Family YMCA for an application form. Forward your completed application form to the Supervisor, Philanthropic Engagement at 410 Rebecca Street or email firstname.lastname@example.org.