Posting Date: April 7, 2016
Closing Date: June 30, 2016
Nature and Scope: The Housekeeping Department is responsible with the association team to ensure the building is clean, comfortable and welcoming to our staff, volunteers and members. The Housekeeping team have a male and female attendant on each of our day and afternoon shifts to accommodate the five change rooms and seven washrooms. The night crew, a team of two to three staff work together to maintain our building as new.
Location: YMCA of Oakville at the Membership Services Desk, 410 Rebecca St, Oakville, ON
- Assist with the gathering of dirty towels, complete the wash routine, folding the towels to be replenished for the members use.
- Assist with the cleaning of the glass, mirrors and stainless steal within the building.
- Sweeping and mopping of the floors
Knowledge, Skill, Ability and Experience List
- Customer Service skills
- Ability to follow instructions and work independently
- Quality Focus: Demonstrates a professional approach
- Commitment to organization mission, vision and values: Supporting the image and reputation of the YMCA as a charity
- Communication: Communicates information consistent with the Y Brand
- Diversity and Inclusion: Creates an inclusive environment and fosters a sense of belonging
- Integrity and Trust: Demonstrates responsible and reliable behavior at all times
- Relationship Building and Collaboration: Participates in activities with others to support association and departmental initiatives.
- 3 – 4 hour shift weekly
- Be a part of the YMCA team and help promote clean culture within the association
- Learn about diversity at the YMCA and meet new people from all walks of life
- Develop communication and interpersonal skills
For inquiries: Please direct your inquiries for this volunteer position to Barb Chapman at 905 845-5597 ext 402 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply: Please download the application form at www.ymcaofoakville.org or visit the Peter Gilgan Family YMCA for an application form. Forward your completed application form to the Supervisor, Philanthropic Engagement at 410 Rebecca Street or email email@example.com.