Posting Date: March 17, 2016
Closing Date: until all positions are filled
Nature and Scope: The purpose of the YMCA Fitness Leader is to lead land or water based fitness activities that will help people reach their health and fitness goals in spirit, mind and body.
- Plan and execute a sound, safe & effective fitness class.
- Understands the scope of the fitness class and participation capabilities
- Be prepared to modify class to suit needs of participants
- Ensure all equipment is safe and report any issues to Team Leader of HFR
Knowledge, Skill, Ability and Experience
- Minimum 16 years of age
- Current Heartsaver CPR
- First Aid recommended
- Current YMCA Group or Aquatic Fitness Certification or other recognized certification agency
- Quality Focus: Demonstrates a professional approach
- Commitment to organization mission, vision and values: Supporting the image and reputation of the YMCA as a charity
- Diversity and Inclusion: Creates an inclusive environment and fosters a sense of belonging
- Relationship Building and Collaboration: Participates in activities with others to support association and departmental initiatives.
- Proof of continuing education credits every 2 years
- Encouraged to participate in YMCA of Oakville events and training sessions
- Minimum 6 month commitment
- Opportunities to develop new skills through training sessions
- Opportunities to participate in YMCA Canada training events
For inquiries: For inquiries for this volunteer position to Lisa Newman at email@example.com or at 905 845-5597 ext. 427
To apply: Please download the application form at www.ymcaofoakville.org Forward your completed application form to the Supervisor, Philanthropic Engagement at 410 Rebecca Street or email firstname.lastname@example.org