Posting Date: April 7, 2016
Closing Date: until all positions are filled
Nature and Scope: Bounce a ball and shoot some hoops with us! If you think basketball, or badminton are great games for everyone and you can help organize and coordinate teams to ensure fair play – jump in. Help set up our gymnasium, to make it a safe and secure place for our families.
Location: Peter Gilgan Family YMCA 410 Rebecca Street Oakville,
Responsibilities assist program staff in:
- Providing individuals or families excellent service that is specific to the needs of the group.
- Helping in the any of the following programs, Teen, Child & Youth Basketball, Badminton, Preschool & Child Soccer
- The set-up and take down of the program area.
Knowledge, Skill, Ability and Experience
- Knowledge of the identified sport providing quality instruction that aims to develop the participants skills in a fun way
- Strong communication skills with high comfort level working with a wide range of ages (between children & older adults)
Quality Focus: Commitment to the delivery of high-quality program and service excellence
Relationship Building and Collaboration: Builds positive relations with others
Commitment to organization mission, vision and values: Role models the Y Values in program and service delivery
- Minimum 1 day a week for 1 hour Minimum of 6 months
- Opportunity to learn different skills for different sports
- Satisfaction of creating a fun and safe environment for families to participate in activities together
- Learn about diversity at the YMCA and meet new people
For inquiries: Please direct your inquiries for this volunteer position to Quentin Budd at 905 845-5597 ext 374 or email@example.com
To apply: Please download the application form at www.ymcaofoakville.org or visit the Peter Gilgan Family YMCA for an application form. Forward your completed application form to the Supervisor, Philanthropic Engagement at 410 Rebecca Street or email firstname.lastname@example.org.