Everyone knows being active is important to your health, but do you know the risks of sitting too long? Sixty percent of Canadians spend their entire work day in a chair, increasing their risk for developing a wide range of health problems such as cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes, anxiety, high blood pressure and decreased energy*.
It’s time to move more and live healthier. And the YMCA is here to help.
Join the YMCA and get your first month at a special introductory price:
Sign up individually – $30 for the first month
Sign up as a family – $75 for the first month
Every YMCA Membership includes benefits for the whole family:
- Over 90 free adult fitness and aquatics drop-in classes to choose from each week
- Free weekly swim lessons for all ages, plus drop in family swim times and lane swimming
- Recently renovated Wellness Centre with state of the art SmartKey technology
- Bright indoor track for walking or running any time of year
- Mywellness appointments with trained, knowledgeable staff to meet all your health and fitness goals
- A variety of programming for families to enjoy together, or separately
- A convenient childminding service with friendly, trained staff
- New classes for 2018 including Barre, TeamBeats, and HIIT
Learn more about a YMCA membership here!
Or visit the Peter Gilgan Family YMCA at:
410 Rebecca Street
Terms and conditions apply. Offer expires March 15, 2018.