Posting Date: Thursday, July 19, 2017
Closing Date: Friday August 4, 2017
Position: Full-Time (30 hours per week) – Contract, September 2017 to end of June 2018
Location: Palermo YMCA
The YMCA of Oakville is a charity that is devoted to responding to the needs of our community through our core values of responsibility, honesty, caring, respect, inclusiveness, and embracing. We are seeking individuals who are committed to making social change, have a passion for developing and nurturing potential, and are dedicated to fostering strong relationships and building connections to the community. In 2016, through our dedication to helping all ages, backgrounds and abilities, we had a positive impact on the lives of 30,287 people! We couldn’t do this without the support of: Over 550 staff who deliver on the YMCA mission and vision every day, 378 volunteers who dedicated 9,349 hours of their time, Community partners and funders who share our determination to strengthen the community as well as our countless donors who give generously so that our programs and services are accessible for all.
Due to the nature of our work, all offers of employment are conditional on the applicant providing a current and satisfactory Police Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening at the time of hire. You can apply for your Police Records Check at haltonpolica.ca
Nature and Scope
The Team Leader assists in operating and supporting a child care program serving children 3.8 years of age to 12 years of age, and their families. They are primarily responsible for ensuring that all children have a quality program, which is active and engaging, meets the requirements of the Early Years Child Care Act and is responsive to the children’s needs and interests. The successful candidate will be a positive, professional role-model for other YMCA program staff, and will assist in the “on the floor” coaching of the team on an ongoing basis. They are responsible for maintaining good working relationships with families, principals and school administration, and effectively managing the reputation of the YMCA.
Salary, Benefits and Work Schedule
- Monday to Friday
- 30 hours per week; must be able to work before and after school shifts beginning at 7:00 a.m. and ending at 6:00 p.m.
- RECE Starting Salary – $18.25
- Non-ECE Starting Salary – $16.13
- Attractive, competitive benefit package
- YMCA Membership
- Leadership Development Opportunities
- Ensures the centre meets the licensing requirements of the Early Years Child Care Act, that all areas of non-compliance are followed up in a timely and professional manner
- Develops and maintains positive and professional relationships with the school principals, kindergarten teachers, other school administrators, and families
- Ensures the YMCA Playing to Learn philosophy is embedded in JK/SK before and after-school programs consistently
- Ensures the delivery of high quality before and after-school programs that are engaging, fun and follow the interests of the children
- Completes monthly kindergarten newsletters
- Oversees centre health and safety program
- Maintains centre inventory record
- Implements and monitors Quality First requirements on an ongoing basis
- Provides ongoing coaching and supervision of centre team
- Completes administrative tasks as required
Knowledge, Skill, Ability and Experience
- Experience working with children and families
- RECE positions require an ECE or OCT diploma or degree from a recognized college or university, in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators or the Ontario College of Teachers
- College diploma in a child and youth related field (ie. child and youth worker, recreation leadership, social work) is an asset
- Effective conflict resolution and team work skills
- Clear police records check which includes vulnerable sector screening
- Must have valid Standard First Aid with CPR C (infant/child CPR)
- Current medical (record of necessary immunizations)
- Working knowledge of the Early Years Child Care Act
- Demonstrates passion, enthusiasm and commitment to the YMCA’s mission, vision and core values
The position requires the following Association Core Competencies: Quality focus, Relationship building and collaboration, Commitment to organization mission, vision and values, Communication, Diversity and inclusion, Integrity and trust.
If you or someone you know is interested in joining our team, please forward a cover letter and resume to the attention of
Stephanie Da Silva at email@example.com
We appreciate your interest in a career opportunity with the YMCA of Oakville.
Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The YMCA of Oakville values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our Association
Please let us know if you require accommodation with your application