Posting date: Tuesday November 21, 2017
Closing date: Friday December 1, 2017
Location: Various Locations
Nature and Scope
The Summer Camp Tours Coordinator will report through the Summer Camp Director. The primary focus of this position will be to ensure children and youth are provided with a variety of age appropriate activities/programming that supports their positive growth in spirit, mind and body. Program Coordinators are directly responsible for planning and delivering activities to groups of children and youth in their area of specialty. Additionally, they are responsible for the planning, coordination, and execution of camp wide theme days. Program Coordinators support Camp Counsellors by providing ongoing support and direction in the area of program delivery.
- Seasonal (Starting June 18, 2018); Monday-Friday; 8:30am – 4:30pm
- Attends regular staff meetings as well as family involvement events during summer
- Attends and fully participates in all pre-camp training
- May be required to attend overnight programs
- Develops and submits weekly program plans and schedules to Director
- Plans and delivers a wide range of developmentally appropriate programs to groups of children and youth
- Plans, coordinates and executes camp wide theme days and special events
- Ensures all camp staff have access to program resources and provides ongoing support and ideas for program improvement
- Assists Director in regular program quality assessment
- Acts as a positive role model for children, youth, co-workers and families
- Ensures family inquiries and concerns are shared with Directors for prompt, professional follow-up
- Supports summer camp counsellors, volunteers and placement students with camp programming and group facilitation strategies
- Recognizes when immediate follow up is required with families and ensures all issues are escalated in a prompt & professional manner with Director
- Ensure compliance with YMCA of Oakville Child Protection policies and procedures at all times
Knowledge, Skill, Ability and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalency
- Minimum 1 year experience working within a summer day camp or overnight camp program
- Experience planning and leading programs for children and youth
- Standard First Aid and CPR ‘C’ (prior to the first day of camp)
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and conflict resolution skills
- Strong team work and leadership skills
- Certification and experience in area of program specialization
- Must have a current and valid police records check with vulnerable sector screening
The position requires the following Association Core Competencies: Quality focus, Relationship building and collaboration, Commitment to organization mission, vision and values, Communication, Diversity and inclusion, Integrity and trust.
If you or someone you know is interested in joining our team, please forward a cover letter and resume to:
Address: 410 Rebecca Street, Oakville, Ontario, L6K 1K7
The YMCA of Oakville values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our Association.
Please let us know if you require accommodation with your application.
We appreciate your interest in a career opportunity with the YMCA of Oakville, please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.