Posting Date: Wednesday April 19, 2017
Closing Date: Friday May 5, 2017
Position: 1 FT position
Location: Oakville Trafalgar (EJ James and St. Vincent)
The YMCA of Oakville is a charity that is devoted to responding to the needs of our community through our core values of responsibility, honesty, caring, respect, inclusiveness, and health. We are seeking individuals who are committed to making social change, have a passion for developing and nurturing potential, are dedicated to fostering strong relationships and building connections to the community. In 2015, through our dedication to helping all ages, backgrounds and abilities, we had a positive impact on the lives of 29,915 people! We couldn’t do this without the support of:
Over 550 staff who deliver on the YMCA mission and vision everyday, 424 volunteers who dedicated 9700 hours of their time, Community partners and funders who share our determination to strengthen the community and our countless donors who give generously so that our programs and services are accessible for all.
Due to the nature of our work, all offers of employment are conditional on the applicant providing a current and satisfactory Police Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening at the time of hire. You can apply for your Police Records Check at haltonpolice.ca.
Nature and Scope
Reporting to the director of child care, the on-site supervisor provides operational leadership and support to a child care program serving children 18 months to 12 years of age, and their families. Additionally, the on-site supervisor plans, coordinates and delivers drop in community-based programs for children 0-5 years and provides leadership to the summer program for children 3.8 to 5 years of age. The on-site supervisor is responsible for the operational leadership and supervision of the program, and they are responsible for ensuring all YMCA policies and procedures and Child Care and Early Years Act requirements are met. They are also responsible for maintaining good working relationships with families, principals and school administration. On- site supervisors will develop and deliver quality programs that support the healthy development of children by guiding the programs to align with the Association goals and objectives.
Salary and Work Schedule
- Monday to Friday, 42.5 hrs per week (shifts vary, must be available to work between 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.)
- Starting Salary – $19.75/per hour
- Attractive, competitive benefit package
- Free YMCA Membership
- Leadership development opportunities
- Provides operational leadership and supervision to the program, ensuring compliance with YMCA policies and procedures and Child Care and Early Years Act requirements
- Ensures positive, professional communication with families on an ongoing basis, and responds promptly to all requests, queries and concerns
- Ensures positive, professional partnerships with school principals, kindergarten teachers and school administrators
- Ensures the effective implementation of YMCA Playing to Learn, and the delivery of high quality before and after school programs aligned with the principles of YMCA Healthy Child Development Ensures a seamless day for JK/SK children and develop an ongoing communication plan with kindergarten teachers
- Develops and delivers nutritional menu’s that follow the guidelines from Canada’s Food Guide Coordinates registration, manages enrolment and manages monthly expenses
- Completes various administrative duties
- Provides ongoing coaching and supervision of centre team, including the completion of performance reviews
- Adherence to YMCA Child Protection Policy
Knowledge, Skill, Ability and Experience
- College Diploma or University Degree in Early Childhood Education or Ontario Certified Teaching Degree RECE’s and OCT’s are in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators or Ontario College of Teachers
- 2 years working with children and families within a licensed child care environment is an asset
- Working knowledge of the Child Care Early Years Act Clear police security check with vulnerable sector screening
- Adherence to the Association Child Protection Policy
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, and relationship -building skills
- Demonstrated ability in leading, coaching and cultivating a work environment of collaboration and teamwork
- Displays passion, enthusiasm and commitment to the YMCA’s mission, vision and core values
The position requires the following Association Core Competencies: Quality focus, Relationship building and collaboration, Commitment to organization mission, vision and values, Communication, Diversity and inclusion, Integrity and trust.
Please forward a cover letter and resume to email@example.com or to the attention of:
Child Care – 410 Rebecca Street, Oakville, Ontario L6K 1K7
We appreciate your interest in a career opportunity with the YMCA of Oakville.
Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The YMCA of Oakville values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to
excellence and inclusion in our Association
Please let us know if you require accommodation with your application