The YMCA of Oakville is a charity that is devoted to responding to the needs of our community through our core values of responsibility, honesty, caring, respect, inclusiveness, and embracing. We are seeking individuals who are committed to making social change, have a passion for developing and nurturing potential, and are dedicated to fostering strong relationships and building connections to the community.
Due to the nature of our work, all offers of employment are conditional on the applicant providing a current and satisfactory Police Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening at the time of hire. You can apply for your Police Records Check at haltonpolice.ca
Nature and Scope
Our RECE program teachers offer fun, nurturing programs for children 2.5 years to 3.8 years of age in our full-day preschool programs. They are responsible for developing and delivering age appropriate, quality programs that support the healthy growth and development of children, in a safe and supervised environment.
Salary and Work Schedule
- Full-time, Contract
- Monday through Friday, 42.5 hours per week
- Must be available to work shifts that begin at 7am, and/or end at 6pm.
- RECE Starting Salary – $17.50/per hour (base wage range is dependent on certification) Plus wage enhancements, please refer below
Hourly wage enhancements
These positions are also eligible for an additional $0.97 per hour (General Operating Grant) and an extra $2.00 (Wage Enhancement Grant)
These hourly rate enhancements are subject to certain criteria, are not guaranteed and are subject to change.
- Ensures compliance with YMCA policies and procedure and the Child Care and Early Years Act
- Ensures the YMCA Playing to Learn philosophy is embedded daily into the preschool programs
- Delivers high quality programs that are engaging, fun and follow the interests of the children
- Ensures positive, professional communication with families on an ongoing basis, and responds promptly to all requests, queries and concerns
- Develops and maintains positive and professional relationships with school principals, teachers, and other school administrators
- Collaborates with other YMCA staff members and volunteers to support effective team work
- Ensures compliance with YMCA of Oakville Child Protection policies and procedures at all times
- Completes administration tasks as required
Knowledge, Skill, Ability and Experience
- RECE positions require an ECE diploma or degree from a recognized college or university, in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators
- Experience working with children and families
- Strong professional relationship and communication skills
- Effective conflict resolution and team work skills
- Clear police records check which includes Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Must have valid Standard First Aid with CPR C (infant/child CPR)
- Current medical (record of necessary immunizations)
The position requires the following Association Core Competencies: quality focus, relationship building and collaboration, commitment to organization mission, vision and values, communication, diversity and inclusion, integrity and trust.
Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We appreciate your interest in a career opportunity with the YMCA of Oakville.
If you or someone you know is interested in joining our team, please forward a cover letter and resume to Stephanie da Silva at email@example.com.
The YMCA of Oakville values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our Association
Please let us know if you require accommodation with your application