Nature and Scope
The Team Leader assists in operating and supporting a child care program serving children 3.8 years of age to 12 years of age, and their families. They are primarily responsible for ensuring all children have a quality program that is active and engaging, meets the requirements of the Child Care Early Years Act and is responsive to the children’s needs and interests.
The Team Leader will be a positive, professional role-model for other YMCA program staff and will assist in the “on the floor” coaching of the team on an ongoing basis. They are responsible for maintaining good working relationships with the families, principals and school administration and effectively managing the reputation of the YMCA.
As a representative of the YMCA of Oakville, the Team Leader will represent the values, and articulate the mission and vision of the Association within the community.
The YMCA of Oakville values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our Association.
Salary and Work Schedule
- Monday to Friday, contract position
- 25 hrs per week; must be able to work before and after school shifts beginning at 7:00 a.m. and ending at 6:00 p.m.
- RECE Starting Salary – $18.25, Non-ECE Starting Salary – $16.13 *(base wage range is dependent on certification) Plus wage enhancements, please refer below
Hourly wage enhancements
These positions are also eligible for an additional $0.97 per hour (General Operating Grant) and an extra $2.00 (Wage Enhancement Grant)
These hourly rate enhancements are subject to certain criteria are not guaranteed and are subject to change.
- Ensures the centre meets the licensing requirements of the Child Care Early Years Act, that all areas of non-compliance are followed up in a timely and professional manner
- Develops and maintains positive and professional relationships with the school principals, kindergarten teachers, other school administrators, and families
- Ensures the YMCA Playing to Learn philosophy is embedded in JK/SK before and after-school programs consistently
- Ensures the delivery of high quality before and after-school programs that are engaging, fun and follow the interests of the children
- Oversees centre health and safety program
- Maintains centre inventory record
- Implements and monitors Quality First requirements on an ongoing basis
- Provides ongoing coaching and supervision of centre team
- Completes administration tasks as required
Knowledge, Skill, Ability and Experience
- RECE positions require an ECE diploma or degree from a recognized college or university, in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators
- Non – ECE positions – college diploma in a child and youth related field is an asset
- High School Diploma – 18 years or older
- 2 years working with children and families within a licensed child care environment is an asset
- Working knowledge of the Child Care Early Years Act
- Clear police security check with vulnerable sector screening
- Effective interpersonal skills, and team work skills
- Demonstrates passion, enthusiasm and commitment to the YMCA’s mission, vision and core values
- Standard First Aid and CPR -C
The position requires the following Association Core Competencies: Quality focus, Relationship building and collaboration, Commitment to organization mission, vision and values, Communication, Diversity and inclusion, Integrity and trust.
If you or someone you know is interested in joining our team, please forward a cover letter and resume to Tanya Perks: email@example.com
The YMCA of Oakville values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to
excellence and inclusion in our association.
Please let us know if you require accommodation with your application.