Nature and Scope
Our RECE and non-ECE program teachers offer fun, nurturing programs for children 4 to 12 years of age in our before and after school programs. They are responsible for developing and delivering age appropriate, quality programs that support the healthy growth and development of children, in a safe and supervised environment.
Salary and Work Schedule
- Monday through Friday, hours and weekly schedule varies based on location
- Seasonal Employment (Tuesday July 3 – Friday August 31, 2018)
- Schedule from 6:45 am – 9:15 am, and 3:15 pm – 6:00 pm
- Ensures compliance with YMCA policies and procedure and the Day Nursery Act
- Ensures the YMCA Playing to Learn philosophy is embedded daily into the kindergarten programs
- Delivers high quality programs that are engaging, fun and follow the interests of the children
- Ensures positive, professional communication with families on an ongoing basis, and responds promptly to all requests, queries and concerns
- Develops and maintains positive and professional relationships with school principals, teachers, and other school administrators
- Collaborates with other YMCA staff members and volunteers to support effective team work
- Completes administration tasks as required
Knowledge, Skill, Ability and Experience
- RECE positions require an ECE diploma or degree from a recognized college or university, in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators
- Non-ECE positions – college diploma in a child and youth related field is an asset (i.e. child and youth worker, recreation leadership, social work)
- High School Diploma – 18 years or older
- Experience working with children and families
- Strong professional relationship and communication skills
- Effective conflict resolution and team work skills
- Clear criminal reference check which includes vulnerable sector screening
- Current medical (record of necessary immunizations)
The position requires the following Association Core Competencies: Quality focus, Relationship building and collaboration, Commitment to organization mission, vision and values, Communication, Diversity and inclusion, Integrity and trust.
If you or someone you know is interested in joining our team, please forward a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate your interest in a career opportunity with the YMCA of Oakville.
Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The YMCA of Oakville values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to
excellence and inclusion in our Association
Please let us know if you require accommodation with your application.