Nature and Scope
Reporting to the director of child care, the on-site supervisor provides operational leadership and support to a child care program serving children 18 months to 12 years of age, and their families. The on-site supervisor is responsible for the operational leadership and supervision of the program, and they are responsible for ensuring all YMCA policies and procedures and Child Care Early Years Act requirements are met. Additionally, they are responsible for maintaining positive working relationships with families, principals and school administration. On-site supervisors will develop and deliver quality programs that support the healthy development of children by guiding the programs to align with the Association goals and objectives.
Salary and Work Schedule
- Monday to Friday, 42.5 hrs per week; rotational shifts (must be available to work between 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.)
- Attractive, competitive benefit package
- Starting Salary – $19.75/per hour * Plus wage enchantments, please refer below
Hourly Wage Enhancements
These positions are also eligible for an additional $0.97 per hour (General Operating Grant) and an extra $2.00 per hour (Wage Enhancement Grant)
These hourly rate enhancements are subject to certain criteria are not guaranteed and are subject to change.
- Provides operational leadership and supervision to the program, ensuring compliance with YMCA policies and procedures and Child Care Early Years Act requirements
- Ensures positive, professional communication with families on an ongoing basis, and responds promptly to all requests, queries and concerns
- Ensures positive, professional partnerships with school principals, kindergarten teachers and school administrators
- Ensures the effective implementation of YMCA Place to Connect, and the delivery of high quality before and after school programs aligned with the principles of YMCA Healthy Child Development
- Ensures a seamless day for JK/SK children and develop an ongoing communication plan with kindergarten teachers
- Delivers nutritional menu’s that follow the guidelines from Canada’s Food Guide
- Coordinates registration, manages enrolment and manages monthly expenses
- Completes various administrative duties
- Provides ongoing coaching and supervision of centre team, including the completion of performance reviews
Knowledge, Skill, Ability and Experience
- College Diploma or University Degree in Early Childhood Education or certified teaching degree
- RECE’s are in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators
- 2 years working with children and families within a licensed child care environment is an asset
- Working knowledge of the Child Care Early Years Act
- Clear police security check with vulnerable sector screening
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, and relationship -building skills
- Demonstrated ability in leading, coaching and cultivating a work environment of collaboration and teamwork
- Displays passion, enthusiasm and commitment to the YMCA’s mission, vision and core values
The position requires the following Association Core Competencies: Quality focus, Relationship building and collaboration, Commitment to organization mission, vision and values, Communication, Diversity and inclusion, Integrity and trust.
Please send a cover letter and resume to the email provided: email@example.com
To the attention of: Child Care – 410 Rebecca Street, Oakville, Ontario L6K 1K7
We appreciate your interest in a career opportunity with the YMCA of Oakville.
Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The YMCA of Oakville values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our Association.
Please let us know if you require accommodation with your application.