Posting date: March 27, 2017
Closing date: April 3, 2017
Position: Full Time
Location: Peter Gilgan Family YMCA
The YMCA of Oakville is a charity that is devoted to responding to the needs of our community through our core values of responsibility, honesty, caring, respect, inclusiveness, and health. We are seeking individuals who are committed to making social change, have a passion for developing and nurturing potential, are dedicated to fostering strong relationships and building connections to the community. In 2015, through our dedication to helping all ages, backgrounds and abilities, we had a positive impact on the lives of 29,915 people! We couldn’t do this without the support of:
Over 550 staff who deliver on the YMCA mission and vision everyday, 424 volunteers who dedicated 9700 hours of their time, Community partners and funders who share our determination to strengthen the community and our countless donors who give generously so that our programs and services are accessible for all.
Due to the nature of our work, all offers of employment are conditional on the applicant providing a current and satisfactory Police Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening at the time of hire. You can apply for your Police Records Check at haltonpolice.ca.
Nature and Scope
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic customer service oriented individual to join the Membership Services department in our Membership Staff coordinator. The selected individual will provide hands-on leadership to the delivery of quality service to achieve our goal of satisfying current members, increasing retention, and registering new memberships. Supports all members by providing professional and superior customer service. A self-starter, motivated individual who is able to lead, coach and support the membership sales times. Interacts with members, potential members, volunteers, office staff and co-workers in order to promote a positive, responsible and supportive environment. Is able to respond to all questions pertaining to the YMCA of Oakville, its facility, policies, programs and memberships.
Salary and Work Schedule:
- 35 hours per week
- Friday Evening Shift
- Weekend Service Leader (Saturday and Sunday) – on a five-week rotation
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Leadership Development Opportunities
- Staff Training, Coaching and Support
- Train new staff and volunteers on all equipment, policies and procedures, and program/membership knowledge
- Develop staff and volunteers to provide service excellence, increase membership retention, while building member loyalty and increase membership sales.
- Assist manager with completing and reviewing performance management evaluations with full time and part time staff
- Coordinate Membership Service staff scheduling, including vacation and absences
- Achieve monthly sales targets by performing effective sales tours, processing memberships, sales tracking and follow-up. Membership renewals.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision, while effectively managing multiple tasks
- Excellent customer service, problem-solving, communication and computer skills
- 2 years customer Service and Sales experience
- 2 years supervising staff
- Excellent communication skills
- A positive, friendly attitude
- Clear Police Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Certificate in Business Administration or related field
- Team leader or supervisory experience preferred
- YMCA experience-as member or volunteer
- First Aid and CPR
The ideal candidate will possess the following core competencies:
Quality Focus: demonstrates a professional approach, Relationship Building and collaboration Relationship Building & Collaboration: Customer Service focused
Commitment to Organization Mission, Vision and Values: Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of the Mission, Vision and Values of the association
Communication: Communicated information consistent with the Y Brand
Diversity and Inclusion: Creates an inclusive environment and fosters a sense of belonging
Integrity and Trust: Demonstrated responsible and reliable behaviour at all times.
If you or someone you know is interested in joining our team, please forward a cover letter and resume to the attention of Ashley Laing Manager, Membership Sales and Services
email@example.com / 410 Rebecca Street, Oakville, Ontario, L6K 1K7
We appreciate your interest in a career opportunity with the YMCA of Oakville.
Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The YMCA of Oakville values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our Association. Please let us know if you require accommodation with your application.