Nature and Scope
The YMCA of Oakville is currently looking for energetic, customer service oriented individuals to join the Membership Services Team! Working as part of the Membership Services Team, the Membership Services Representative (MSR) is responsible for delivering high quality customer service through sales, tours, and providing information about the YMCA of Oakville, its programs and fees. The MSR processes Membership, Community and Camp program registrations; builds positive relationships with members and the broader community, upholding the Mission and Core Values of the YMCA of Oakville.
- Minimum 6-10 hours weekly
- Shift Flexibility, Day/Evening and/or weekends
YMCA staff understands and supports the vision of the YMCA by developing meaningful, long lasting relationships with members through purposeful and professional interactions. The Membership Service Representative is responsible for providing superior customer service to members and customers. They are to strive to achieve membership targets, including membership sales and retention.
Makes formal connections with members to ensure that:
- Individual goals are identified, addressed and achieved
- Long lasting relationships are developed and maintained
- Members stay motivated
Direct contact with members and customers:
- Provides excellent service for members within the Membership Service department
- Welcome members and guest as they enter the facility; assisting with signing in as needed
- Provide members / customers with accurate membership and program information
- Provide facility tours to all potential members that are catered to the individual needs and interests
- Process all transactions efficiently and error free
- Provide excellent customer service over the phone
- Responsible for completing administrative tasks assigned by supervisor
- Complete new member registration
- To use administrative time allotted effectively in order to complete the task required
Knowledge, Skill, Ability and Experience
- High school diploma or College degree
- Previous Customer Service and Sales experience required
- P.O.S systems experience
- Excellent communication skills
- First Aid and CPR
- Knowledgeable in Unison
- YMCA experience
The position requires the following Association Core Competencies: Quality focus, Relationship building and collaboration, Commitment to organization mission, vision and values, Communication, Diversity and inclusion, Integrity and trust.
If you or someone you know is interested in joining our team, please forward a cover letter and resume to: Quentin Budd Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate your interest in a career opportunity with the YMCA of Oakville.
Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please let us know if you require accommodation with your application.
The YMCA of Oakville values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to
excellence and inclusion in our Association