Nature and Scope
The YMCA was established over 160 years ago as a charity dedicated to the health of both individuals and communities. Our focus on inclusiveness and accessibility means we serve people of all ages, backgrounds and abilities through all stages of life. Through YMCA financial assistance programs, the YMCA is accessible to all. For more than 60 years, the YMCA of Oakville has played a most crucial role in improving the quality of health and life for thousands of people in Oakville.
The YMCA of Oakville is looking for a service orientated, motivated individual who can provide professional and superior customer service, can prioritize and perform a wide range of call centre and general administrative duties. As a fully knowledgeable, connected member of the YMCA team, the full-time Call Centre Representative will be at the hub of all internal and external inquiries about our Y and responding to all questions pertaining to the YMCA of Oakville. The successful candidate will have the ability to effectively manage a high-volume phone system, answer questions and concerns, as well as direct callers to appropriate areas, record accurate messages and provide follow up information when required.
The Call Centre Representative will interact with members, potential members, volunteers, office staff and co-workers promoting a positive, responsible and supportive environment demonstrating our core values and ensuring that members have a positive YMCA member experience at all times. Assisting with the Membership Services reception desk when needed, with facility tours, processing of memberships and programs, sales, inquiries and associated administrative functions. The Call Centre Representative will also be responsible to assist with follow up calls to potential members and positive enquiries from day and guest pass users and trial members, as well as making welcome calls to new members.
Tuesday – Friday (11:00am – 7:00pm) and Saturday (9:00am-12:00pm)
Must be available to work evenings and weekends, in a variety of shifts to meet the changing needs of our business.
- Responding to incoming calls and questions pertaining to the YMCA of Oakville, its facility, policies, programs, childcare, camp and memberships
- Contacting potential members/prospects (from day/guest pass users and trial members) as well as making welcome calls to new members and to members who are on hold
- Staying up to date and connected with YMCA Programs, Schedules, Events
- Conducting tours, selling memberships
- Assist departments by running reports, providing rosters and statistical information as required
- Tracking conversions and mywellness appointments
- Adherence to YMCA Child Protection Policies and Procedures
Knowledge, Skill, Ability and Experience
- Demonstrated by experience excellent customer service skills
- Minimum 6 months experience in a call centre environment
- Problem-solving, communication and computer skills
- Strong follow-up skills complimented by a solid commitment to member satisfaction
- Previous Sales experience would be an strong asset
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision, while effectively managing multiple tasks
- Exceptional organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Some post-secondary education in related field
- Clear Police Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening
The position requires the following Association Core Competencies: Quality focus, Relationship building and collaboration, Commitment to organization mission, vision and values, Communication, Diversity and inclusion, Integrity and trust.
If you or someone you know is interested in joining our team, please forward a cover letter and resume to: Quentin Budd Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: 410 Rebecca Street, Oakville, Ontario, L6K 1K7
The YMCA of Oakville values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our Association.
Please let us know if you require accommodation with your application.
We appreciate your interest in a career opportunity with the YMCA of Oakville, please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.