Posting Date: Friday, July 7, 2017
Closing date: July 21, 2017
Location: Peter Gilgan Family YMCA
The YMCA of Oakville is a charity that is devoted to responding to the needs of our community through our core values of responsibility, honesty, caring, respect, inclusiveness, and embracing. We are seeking individuals who are committed to making social change, have a passion for developing and nurturing potential, and are dedicated to fostering strong relationships and building connections to the community. In 2016, through our dedication to helping all ages, backgrounds and abilities, we had a positive impact on the lives of 30,287 people! We couldn’t do this without the support of: Over 550 staff who deliver on the YMCA mission and vision every day, 378 volunteers who dedicated 9,349 hours of their time, Community partners and funders who share our determination to strengthen the community as well as our countless donors who give generously so that our programs and services are accessible for all.
Due to the nature of our work, all offers of employment are conditional on the applicant providing a current and satisfactory Police Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening at the time of hire. You can apply for your Police Records Check at haltonpolice.ca.
Nature and Scope
The YMCA of Oakville is currently looking for energetic, customer service oriented individuals to join the Membership Services Team! Working as part of the YMCA team, the Membership Services Representative (MSR) is responsible for delivering high quality customer service through sales, tours, and providing information about the YMCA of Oakville, its programs and fees. The MSR processes membership, community and camp program registrations; builds positive relationships with members and the broader community, upholding the mission and core values of the YMCA of Oakville.
- Flexible shifts (including evenings, weekends and holidays)
- The YMCA is open Monday-Friday: 5:30am-10pm; Saturday and Sunday: 7:00am-7:00pm
YMCA staff understands and supports the vision of the YMCA by developing meaningful, long lasting relationships with members through purposeful and professional interactions. The Membership Service Representative is responsible for providing superior customer service to members and customers. They are to strive to achieve membership targets, including membership sales and retention.
Makes formal connections with members to ensure that:
- Individual goals are identified, addressed and achieved
- Members stay motivated
Direct contact with members and customers:
Provides excellent service for members within the Membership Service department through:
- Welcome members and guests as they enter the facility; assisting with signing in as needed
- Provide members / customers with accurate membership and program information
- Provide facility tours to all potential members that are catered to the individual needs and interests
- Process all transactions through Unison efficiently and error free
- Answer all phone calls within 2 rings, and provide excellent customer service over the phone
- Responsible for completing administrative tasks assigned by supervisor
- Ensure membership service desk is professional at all times, and tidy up the desk as required
- To use administrative time allotted effectively in order to complete the task required
Knowledge, Skill, Ability and Experience
- High school diploma or College degree
- Customer Service and Sales Experience essential
- YMCA Experience as a member or volunteer
- Computer knowledge and skills required
- Excellent communication skills
- First Aid and CPR
- Valid Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening
- YMCA experience
- Knowledge of Unison
The position requires the following Association Core Competencies: Quality Focus, Relationship Building and Collaboration, Commitment to Organization Mission, Vision and Values, Communication, Diversity and Inclusion, Integrity and Trust.
If you or someone you know is interested in joining our team, please forward a cover letter and resume to
email@example.com / 410 Rebecca Street, Oakville, Ontario, L6K 1K7 / or fax 905-842-6792
We appreciate your interest in a career opportunity with the YMCA of Oakville.
Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The YMCA of Oakville values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our Association
Please let us know if you require accommodation with your application