Are you enthusiastic about swimming, teaching, mentoring and working with all age groups?
Join our Aquatics Team now!
Our Lifeguard/Swim Instructor will help in maintaining the safe operation of our Aquatic Programs and ensuring service excellence.
Salary & Comprehensive Benefits:
- Pay rate $14.50 per hour
- YMCA Staff Membership included (Health, Fitness & Aquatics)
- Opportunities for leadership roles, career growth and professional development
- Significant staff discount for Lifesaving Society re-certification
- Convenient hours to be scheduled for private lessons at competitive pay
Schedule of Work: Part Time
Option 1: Monday – Friday, 5:30 am to 12:30 pm or 12:30 pm to 8 pm
Option 2: Multiple 3.5-hour shifts, Monday – Friday, 4 pm to 8/10 pm, weekend between 7 am- 6 pm
Lifeguard / Swim instructors are responsible for:
- The safety and well being of all patrons swimming in the pool
- Enforcing all Ontario pool regulations and YMCA of Oakville pool rules and admission standards
Swim Instructors are required to:
- Teach various levels of swimming to all age groups with provided lesson plans
- Update swim lesson roster weekly and prepare progress card seasonally
- Effectively communicate with participants, parents for their progression
Knowledge, Skill, Ability and Experience:
- NLS, Standard First Aid and AED
- Swim Instructor Certification
- Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector screening
- LSS advanced instructors
- Aqua Fitness certification
The position requires the following Association Core Competencies: Quality focus, Relationship building and Collaboration, Communication, Diversity and Inclusion, Integrity and Trust, Commitment to Organization Mission, Vision and Values.
We thank you for your interest in a career opportunity with the YMCA of Oakville.
Please send your resume and cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line Lifeguard / Swim Instructor.
Please note only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The YMCA of Oakville values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our Association. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter (or email).