Posting date: Friday, December 1 2017
Closing date: Tuesday, December 12 2017
Location: Peter Gilgan Family YMCA
Nature and Scope
The HR Coordinator, Staff & Volunteer Recruitment & Engagement is responsible for the strategic development and follow through of a diverse and inclusive staff recruitment and engagement strategy. Supporting hiring managers with their recruitment and onboarding needs. Meeting staff recruitment and retention goals by designing recruitment, retention and engagement practices and processes which will include pioneering new and advanced recruitment strategies. Responsible for developing innovative engagement initiatives and responding to annual staff engagement survey results and trends.
Integrating an effective volunteer recruitment program and ensuring all fair and equitable recruitment practices are followed. This includes overseeing the volunteer program to support department leads with their volunteer needs and working with departments to identify innovative and engaging volunteer opportunities while providing support in maintaining internal and external volunteer development programs and processes. This position also includes assisting with the management, training, updating and stewardship of the association’s recruitment and onboarding software. Overseeing the collection and accurate input of recruitment data into the software system to ensure data integrity of association wide staffing retention and volunteer metrics.
Recruitment, Selection Onboarding and Engagement
- Develops a staff & volunteer recruitment framework to meet association staffing needs
- Continually seeks opportunities to leverage efficiency and growth through innovative and creative solutions and resources
- Assists managers with the creation of job/volunteer postings, and advertisement of jobs internally and externally as required and in line with the Associations recruiting processes
- Determines position requirements and develops job postings and attracts applicants by placing job postings internally and externally
- Assists hiring managers in the development of effective volunteer systems and practices in areas including recruitment, selection, orientation tracking and recognition to support departments with the retention and engagement of volunteers.
- Builds applicant sources by researching and contacting local colleges, employment agencies, Halton region, job fairs, and social media and other innovative sources
- Keep current with posting trends and sources other job posting opportunities such as local and regional job fairs, media, and other job sites.
- Works with the marketing department to ensure that the YMCA’s of Oakville’s “Careers” pages are updated, exciting and current.
- Represents the YMCA and the Association in a professional manner in internal and external forums;
- Oversees onboarding policies and assists with orientation and staff onboarding plans which will include onboarding initiatives and recognition events
- When required screens resumes, shortlist candidates respond to employment enquiries.
- Conducts exit interviews and collects data to help support future staffing trends and retention strategies
- Provides ongoing evaluation of data collection procedures and processes and make recommendations for improvement as needed.
- Establishes rapport and maintains effective relationship‐building behaviors with staff, volunteers and members.
- Models appropriate behaviours to staff in line with our Mission, Vision and Values and understands and integrates the values of philanthropy and volunteerism with staff, volunteers and members;
Training and Staff Engagement
- Facilitates training in staff/volunteer recruitment, orientation, supervision, evaluation, recognition and engagement strategies
- Supports HRIS training and all Ceridian Dayforce HRIS processes
- Identifies, participates in and develops innovative staff engagement strategies
- Participates in when required and collects data at end of probationary period discussion and follow through with any recommendations
- Ensure exit interviews take place and monitor retention.
- Provide quarterly reports with respect to best practices, attraction, interview vs hiring statistics, retention, recruitment costs
- Makes recommendations on hiring and retention analysis
Knowledge, Skill, Ability and Experience
- Diploma in HR Administration or Human Resource Management or actively working towards certification
- Proven Knowledge of HR related legislation, including Ontario ESA, and Ontario Human Rights Code.
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in office/generalist HR work based environment
- Prior experience with integrated HRIS and recruiting platforms is a strong asset
- Experience in the full recruitment & selection cycle
- Technical proficiency and aptitude and motivation for learning new technology
- Training and workshop facilitation experience
- Has multiple platform social media experience that builds audience engagement
- Proven ability and experience with dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to work independently, set priorities and achieve solid results
- Organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and proven experience of working with and collecting sensitive data
- Working towards CHRP or related designation
- Experience with coaching and mentoring
- Volunteer management experience
- HRIS data entry and management and extraction of reports
- Working knowledge of Ceridian Dayforce HRIS
- Valid driving license and own vehicle
The position requires the following Association Core Competencies: Quality focus, Relationship building and collaboration, Commitment to organization mission, vision and values, Communication, Diversity and inclusion, Integrity and trust.
If you or someone you know is interested in joining our team, please forward a cover letter and resume to Alison Williams,
firstname.lastname@example.org/ 410 Rebecca Street, Oakville, Ontario, L6K 1K7 / or fax 905-842-6792
We appreciate your interest in a career opportunity with the YMCA of Oakville.
Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please let us know if you require accommodation with your application.
The YMCA of Oakville values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our Association.