Nature and Scope
Working within the Facility Services department, the housekeeping staff is responsible for the day to day appearance and cleanliness of the facility in order to meet or exceed YMCA standards. This requires an individual who has the ability to work on their own as well as part of a team, operate cleaning equipment, follow health and safety procedures and demonstrate the Association’s Core Values in all work duties.
- Part-time position
- Afternoon to Evening hours
- Saturday & Sunday with shifts during the week.
- Some flexibility required to work occasional Statutory Holidays and to cover other shifts in the case of absences or vacation
- Hands on cleaning of all rooms and areas assigned
- Assisting with in house laundry services for members
- Ensure that all areas are clean, safe and well maintained
- Report any significant facility/equipment repair, replacement or cleaning requirements.
- Check for health and safety hazards at all times when on duty.
- Work as a team with other YMCA staff to ensure the uninterrupted delivery of membership programs and services and that all members’ YMCA experience are positive ones.
- Maintain positive interactions with members and other staff and to respond to concerns in a helpful and friendly manner.
- Attend staff meetings, planning sessions and training events as required and to learn new skills in order to cover a variety of duties.
- Adherence to YMCA of Oakville Child Protection Policy
Knowledge, Skill, Ability and Experience
- Previous experience in facility cleaning an asset
- Previous experience with cleaning equipment and machinery
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
- WHMIS training/ Standard first aid and CPR an asset
- Current Security Clearance (within 1 year) with vulnerable sector screening is mandatory
The position requires the following Association Core Competencies: Quality focus, Relationship building and collaboration, Commitment to organization mission, vision and values, Communication, Diversity and inclusion, Integrity and trust.
If you or someone you know is interested in applying for this position, please forward a cover letter and resume to Barb Chapman, firstname.lastname@example.org – 410 Rebecca Street/ Oakville, Ontario/ L6K 1K7
We appreciate your interest in a career opportunity with the YMCA of Oakville.
Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please let us know if you require accommodation with your application.
The YMCA of Oakville values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our Association.